PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions
Tutorial Name: PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
How to Use the Game Switcher
This page contains information about the Game Switcher application that can be used on the PlayStation 5.
The Game Switcher allows you to quickly swap between your most recently played games or applications without having to exit out of your current game or go through the main menu to find the other games and apps you wish to play.
Please note: This feature does not work like the Xbox Series X Quick Resume, as it does not save your current placement in games when switching. The Game Switcher will quickly exit out of your current game and load in the new one, but you'll still have to load up your save file.
To use the Game Switcher, press the Home button while playing a game to bring up the control center along the bottom row. Select the game icon you are currently playing to bring up a list of your active game, plus several recent games and media apps. Picking any one of these will immediately close the game you are playing and launch the new game or app instead.
How to Change Your PSN Name
After many, many years of fans asking, Sony has enabled the ability for players to change their PSN ID. This page covers just how to do that on PS5 and on Web Browser. You can't change your PSN ID on the PS3 or PS Vita.
But first things first; does it cost money to change your PSN ID? No, at least not the first time. Your first name change is free, but you'll need to pay $9.99 USD after that. If you're a PlayStation Plus member, the change will cost $4.99 USD after the first change.
How to Change Your PSN ID on PS5
To change your name while you're on PS5, select Settings. Then choose Users and Accounts > Account > Profile > Online ID. Once in the Online ID menu, you can choose a new name for your PSN account.
How to Change Your PSN ID on PC
Once you're signed into your PSN account on the Sony Entertainment Network site, select the PSN Profile tab in the menu. Hit "Edit" next to your Online ID and write or choose your new name.
- 01. PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options(443)
- 02. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(434)
- 03. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(356)
- 04. PS5 How to Add and Remove Users(616)
- 05. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(701)
- 06. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(721)
- 07. PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage(483)
- 08. How to set up parental controls on PS5(492)
- 09. If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it(1,547)
- 10. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(1,241)
- 11. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(546)
- 12. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(452)
- 13. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(463)
- 14. How to transfer games to PS5 external hard drive(573)
- 15. How to download PS4 saves on PS5(566)