PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options
Tutorial Name: PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
This page contains information on how to set your account to automatically apply certain game options when starting any game for the first time - including difficulty, resolution modes, and camera controls.
How to Preset Game Difficulty, Resolution, and Camera Options
If you find that you like to play most games the same way and don't want to go through the options and settings of every game when first loading them up, you can preset these options in advance.
To do so, go to Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Game Presets. While you can choose to let the game pick a default option, you can also have your PS5 set each applicable game option from the start. This includes:
Difficulty - Allows you to preset a game difficulty between Easiest, Easy, Normal, Hard, or Hardest (or whatever the game's version of those difficulty modes are called) when applicable. If the game does not have the exact settings, it may pick the closest available option if it can.
Performance or Resolution - Allows you to preset a game's visual mode to either prioritize a smoother experience or a higher fidelity resolution, if the game has those applicable options.
Camera Controls - Allows you to set both First Person and Third Person camera controls between normal camera movement and inverted control schemes. Both versions can be set independently of each other.
Subtitles and Audio - Allows you to ensure that your audio options either default to the PS5's console settings, or utilize the game's original audio language, and automatically have subtitles be on or off.
- 01. How To Enable 120Hz On PS5(4,561)
- 02. How To Turn Off DualSense Haptics & Adaptive Triggers On PS5(3,659)
- 03. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(1,109)
- 04. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(924)
- 05. PS5 How to Add and Remove Users(1,833)
- 06. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(1,931)
- 07. PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions(4,303)
- 08. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(1,354)
- 09. PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage(1,298)
- 10. How to set up parental controls on PS5(1,129)
- 11. If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it(2,880)
- 12. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(2,096)
- 13. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(1,346)
- 14. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(923)
- 15. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(1,139)