PS5 How to Add and Remove Users
Tutorial Name: PS5 How to Add and Remove Users
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
This page contains information on how to add new Users onto your PlayStation 5 system, and set up preferences and give access to games across all accounts.
How to Create a PS5 User Account Profile
After you have initially set up your main account on your PS5, you can continue to add users in two ways: either when initially logging in on your PS5's startup, or in the settings.
When turning on your PS5, you will be asked who is using the controller. Select "Add User"
This can also be achieved by going to Settings > User and Accounts > Users, and selecting Add User.
Depending on what you plan to do, you can either create a temporary "One-Time Guest" profile that will automatically be deleted when you're done, or add a permanent user. Selecting Quick Play will load up a guest profile.
If choosing to sign in either temporarily or permanently, you will be offered to sign in using an existing PlayStation account with an ID and password (or scanning the QR code with your mobile device that has the PlayStation App.
If you do not have an account, you can choose the option to create a new account (which will require information including your date of birth, region, and e-mail address with a password.
You can also skip the sign-in process if you only wish to play games offline - but this account must eventually be connected to a PlayStation account if you wish to play online, earn Trophies, and utilize other online features.
Whichever your choice, you can then choose from a selection of profile avatars, and choose your username (Offline versions will be set at a default Username). If you are creating a PlayStation account, you'll need to provide a real name and area, and your user name will be the one that other players view you by - so choose carefully!
After your username is set, you'll have the chance to choose how other players can view your profile, games, and friend requests, and customize them between letting no one see your info, anyone, or friends.
Note that in order to fully take advantage of your user account - accessing the PlayStation store and playing online multiplayer, you will need to verify your account by confirming your email.
How to Remove PS5 User Profile Accounts
Unless you have created a temporary quickplay account that is removed upon logging out, any accounts you create, whether offline or online, will remain until they are manually removed.
To remove a user from your PS5, go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Users, and select the trash can icon next to the user in question. Confirm that you wish to remove this user - along with any media they may have saved, and the account will be deleted.
- 01. PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options(442)
- 02. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(433)
- 03. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(354)
- 04. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(697)
- 05. PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions(1,191)
- 06. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(715)
- 07. PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage(482)
- 08. How to set up parental controls on PS5(492)
- 09. If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it(1,541)
- 10. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(1,230)
- 11. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(545)
- 12. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(452)
- 13. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(463)
- 14. How to transfer games to PS5 external hard drive(572)
- 15. How to download PS4 saves on PS5(557)