If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it
Tutorial Name: If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
Game disc installations are causing some problems for users.
The PlayStation 5 has recently launched and we're still discovering all the strange quirks of Sony's new system.
One such oddity is the fact that physical versions of some PS5 games are being forced to download the most recent update for the title in question alongside the regular installation when they pop the disc in.
This sounds like a pretty neat system, right? Making sure that you are as up-to-date as possible from the moment you first boot up a game? Well, according to Twitter user Lance McDonald, if the internet drops out during this process, the game will not be able to finish installation.
Users will receive error code CE-107863-5, but no explanation about what to do to resolve it. The solution appears to be to disconnect your console from the internet, delete the game you are trying to install before reinstalling it from the disc. When "All Data" has been installed, you can reconnect to the internet.
The PlayStation 5 launched on November 12 and 19, depending on where in the world you live, and already we've seen a few issues with Sony's new machine.
Some users have run into a problem when downloading content that saw their machines become stuck in an error loop. Players have reported that they can't cancel or restart the download, either. Sony has said that booting into safe mode before rebuilding the database is the solution to this problem - certainly better than factory resetting your PS5, which was the platform holder's previous suggestion.
- 01. How To Enable 120Hz On PS5(3,053)
- 02. How To Turn Off DualSense Haptics & Adaptive Triggers On PS5(2,763)
- 03. PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options(845)
- 04. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(848)
- 05. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(683)
- 06. PS5 How to Add and Remove Users(1,189)
- 07. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(1,508)
- 08. PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions(3,149)
- 09. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(1,117)
- 10. PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage(937)
- 11. How to set up parental controls on PS5(863)
- 12. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(1,795)
- 13. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(996)
- 14. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(746)
- 15. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(824)