PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage
Tutorial Name: PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
How to Expand PlayStation 5 Storage
Below are your storage expansion options for the PS5.
Use an official, Sony-certified SSD (recommended). If you use one that isn't Sony-certified it may not be the right size or specifications.
Use USB external hardrive (not recommended).
As for actually installing it.
Remove the side panels of the PS5.
Use a screwdriver to remove the metal panel covering the green internal slot. Insert the SSD.
Again, the PS5 supports USB external storage but it is not recommended for PS5 games and upgraded PS4 games because this kind of storage cannot utilize the faster speed of the SSD, which is needed to experience games as intended.
- 01. PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options(442)
- 02. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(433)
- 03. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(354)
- 04. PS5 How to Add and Remove Users(616)
- 05. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(698)
- 06. PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions(1,192)
- 07. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(715)
- 08. How to set up parental controls on PS5(492)
- 09. If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it(1,542)
- 10. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(1,237)
- 11. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(545)
- 12. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(452)
- 13. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(463)
- 14. How to transfer games to PS5 external hard drive(573)
- 15. How to download PS4 saves on PS5(557)