How to download PS4 saves on PS5
Tutorial Name: How to download PS4 saves on PS5
Category: PlayStation 5 Tutorials
Submitted By: Sean
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
Don't panic if you start up one of your well-loved PS4 games on PS5 and find yourself staring at a 'New Game' option. There are two ways to download your PS4 saves on PS5 and bring that lovely 'Continue' option back to life. Although many of your PS4 saves on PS5 will be brought over automatically, there will be some that need a little manual poking. Annoyingly, the process is quite different from downloading your save on PS4 and is instead all managed via the settings menu, rather than on a game by game basis.
So here are the two ways to download your PS4 saves on PS5 and pick up exactly where you left off.
1. Via the Cloud
If you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber and have been since you were playing on PS4, all your PS4 saves should be safely nestled in the cloud ready to download straight onto your PS5 with minimal fuss.
In order to find them, head to:
Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > Cloud Storage > Download to Console Storage
From here, you'll be given a list of all the PS4 saves you currently have stored in the cloud. You can either go through and tick all the ones you want to transfer, or simply hit the select all toggle to the right. It's then just a case of downloading them all to your PS5.
2. Via USB
The second way of downloading your PS4 saves to PS5 is via a USB. You can use this method if you're not a PlayStation Plus subscriber, and it's just as easy, you'll just need access to your PS4.
On your PS4, head to:
Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device
Here you'll find the full list of every single PS4 game save you've got stored on your PS4. If you hit the options button you can then choose to select multiple applications and move across every PS4 save you'll want access to on PS5 - or simply just select all. Hit copy, and then it'll move them all onto your USB drive.
Once that's all done, plug the USB drive into your PS5 and then go to:
Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > USB Drive > Copy to Console Storage
Just hit select all, and then copy to move all your PS4 saves onto your PS5. After that you're ready to play! Enjoy.
- 01. PlayStation 5 How to Preset Game Options(483)
- 02. PS5 How to Stream to Twitch and YouTube(466)
- 03. PS5 How to Capture and Record Videos(381)
- 04. PS5 How to Add and Remove Users(685)
- 05. PlayStation 5 How to Enable Cloud Saving(791)
- 06. PS5 How to Use the Game Switcher and Switch Game Versions(1,489)
- 07. PlayStation 5 How to Set Up 3D Audio(768)
- 08. PlayStation 5 How to Expand Storage(518)
- 09. How to set up parental controls on PS5(518)
- 10. If you get error code CE-107863-5 on PS5, this might fix it(1,615)
- 11. How to adjust the brightness on PS5 DualSense controller(1,283)
- 12. PS5: What You Should Do First With The New Console(587)
- 13. PS5: How to Capture and Share Gameplay, Screenshots(470)
- 14. How to use a PS4 controller on PS5(485)
- 15. How to transfer games to PS5 external hard drive(625)