Emulating Xbox 360 on PC for Running COD4 With Mods
Tutorial Name: Emulating Xbox 360 on PC for Running COD4 With Mods
Category: PC Tutorials
Submitted By: Ambien
Related Forum: PC Building Forum
Note before we start: Yes I was lazy and typed up a tutorial and ran in through ChatGPT to help word it better and if this is the wrong forum please move it.
Hello, everyone! Today, I will guide you through the process of emulating Xbox 360 games on your PC or laptop, specifically focusing on running Call of Duty 4 with mod menus. In this example, I'll explain how to set up Xenia and the required files to simulate the experience of having a RGH to run mod menus.
I stumbled upon this method while eagerly awaiting my RGH console. I wanted to test mod menus without inconveniencing fellow modders on here. Keep in mind that you'll need a good PC or laptop to run this well. My laptop is quite basic, but I make use of Shadow.tech. This gives access to a "Gaming PC." This setup manages to run Xenia reasonably well, although occasional lags persist.
Here's a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
1. Install Xenia Canary: First and foremost, download Xenia Canary from .
2. Obtain Call of Duty 4 ISO: Procure a Call of Duty 4 Xbox 360 ISO. You can find this ISO through an online search.
3. Extract the ISO: Utilize a program such as "XBOX360 ISO Extract" to extract the contents of the ISO file.
4. Download Required Files: Download the "default_mp.xex" file and place this in the Call of Duty 4 folder. This file is crucial for the emulation to function correctly.
5. Prepare Mod Menu: Acquire your desired mod menu and place it within the Call of Duty 4 folder.
6. Run Xenia and Launch the Game: Open Xenia Canary and execute the "default_mp.xex" file within the Call of Duty 4 folder. This action will initiate the game.
7. Access Split Screen Mode: Upon launching the game, navigate to the split-screen mode and start the game and see if it worked.
Please be aware that this approach only supports split-screen gameplay due to Xenia's limitations--there's no access to Xbox Live or system link functionalities.
- 01. How to: Matrix Numbers | Batch File(1,227)
- 02. How to Password Protect Files on Windows(624)
- 03. How to play Socom 2/3/ and Combined Assault on PC(3,365)
- 04. Modern Warfare 2 Vac Ban Bypass Tutorial(4,018)
- 05. How to embed an image on TheTechGame(2,433)
- 06. [PC] NIOH 2 OTHER USER SAVE RESIGN(11,522)
- 07. Host bot lobbies! Full Tutorial!(8,248)
- 08. Unban yourself [Plutonium BO2](12,731)
- 09. Fall Guys - How to Change Your Name Color on Fall Guys(7,688)
- 10. Best Crosshair Settings for Valorant(5,780)
- 11. Othercide The Surgeon Boss Guide(1,934)
- 12. Othercide Remembrances Unlock Guide(3,396)
- 13. Othercide Beginners Tips and Tricks(2,172)
- 14. How to Fix Grounded Crashes, Loading Time, Low FPS and Other(3,848)
- 15. How To Play Halo 3 With PS4 Controller On PC(6,724)