How To Mod Your Skill Tree BL2
Tutorial Name: How To Mod Your Skill Tree BL2
Category: Xbox 360 Tutorials
Submitted By: Hexagon
Related Forum: Xbox Forum
I'm going to make this short guide for people to explain Modding Skill Trees. It's relatively simple although there are some issues that you may run into.
First off I'd like to point out that it has nothing to do with adding Skill Points. The game has a sanity check on how many Skill Points you should have regardless of what you put in Gibbed, so you can not do it that way.
First you need to open your save up in Gibbed and go over to the Raw tab and scroll down to SkillData.
Click the down arrow on the right to open a new window.
What you'll now see is list of SkillData values in the window on the left side. These correspond with each skill on your Skill Tree (there are a few exceptions that I will cover in a moment).
When you click on one you will see the actual skill in the window on the right and a Grade value. The first value in the SkillData list is your actual Action Skill itself (Gunzerking, Phaselock, etc), so this Grade will always be 1.
Change the Grade to the appropriate value.
If you are unsure of the Grade value for a particular skill, you can just set them all to 5 and the game will auto-correct it on load. It will not allow you to set a value higher than what is possible in game.
If you are like me and detail-oriented you can reference the Skill Calculator to know what values are 5 and which are 1.
BL2 Skill Calculator
Now, we'll get to the exceptions in the SkillData values. The 2 DLC characters have some items in their SkillData sets that do not directly apply to skills in their Skill Tree.
These are not to be modded or it will cause issues in game. These are the values that you want to leave alone:
- 01. How to use LootLoader To Inject .XEX Files(188)
- 02. A Hat in Time: The Perfect Parade(124)
- 03. How to skip the campaign and online tutorial GTA V 2020(335)
- 04. RGLoader 17559 Tutorial(1,819)
- 05. Perfect Dark - Crowning Glory(965)
- 06. Perfect Dark - A Friend Indeed(836)
- 07. Perfect Dark - ...Who Needs Enemies?(573)
- 08. Perfect Dark - dataDyne Specialist(490)
- 09. Perfect Dark - Carrington Institute Specialist(913)
- 10. Perfect Dark - Maian Specialist(566)
- 11. Perfect Dark - Agent(527)
- 12. Perfect Dark - Special Agent(580)
- 13. Perfect Dark - Perfect Agent(500)
- 14. Perfect Dark - Prime Target(388)
- 15. Perfect Dark - Golden Days(481)