Install & Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly Mod (Free & Legal)
Tutorial Name: Install & Play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly Mod (Free & Legal)
Category: Game Walkthroughs & Guides
Submitted By: Giga
Related Forum: Gaming Discussion
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly - Rating: 9.3 as of 14-02-2021
If you're a fan of this series, or not, I highly recommend the mod. It operates as a standalone game that combines all areas of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games into one game/mod and requires no setup or any tedious installation. The game was re-built (as a mod) in the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray Engine. It runs extremely well given it's age and the graphics are quite beautiful with the right settings. I haven't seen anything similar in the tutorials section here so I thought I'd share the mod around as I've recently picked it up myself and had a lot of fun with it. There's a large and dedicated modding community on the where you can find a lot of game enhancing mods and mod packs involving immersion effects, gunplay, animations and even ports of sounds from other games (such as Escape from Tarkov's footsteps and bullet crack/impact sounds). Simply follow the steps below for the quickest and easiest way to play.
1. Navigate to the and scroll through until you locate a button that looks like this:
2. Complete the download (around 8.75gb) and unpack the RAR into any folder you desire. I personally recommend placing this folder in an SSD as it'll save you a lot of time loading new zones and chunks while playing the game, although this isn't much of an issue regardless.
3. Once extracted from the RAR file, your folder should look similar to the below screenshot.
4. Open AnomalyLauncher.exe and simply press Play to get started on your adventure. I'd advise playing through the vanilla game first, however if you have played the series in the past and would like to give modding a try, it's very simple to install addons/mods and you can direct yourself to page to begin. Most, if not all mods hosted include helpful installation guides and tips for optimizing certain effects based on personal user desire, for a truly immersive experience depending on which mods you are most interested in playing with. This game will not hold your hand too much, and can be extremely unforgiving. Have fun and good luck!
Always make sure to back up your gamedata and appdata folders when installing mods, especially mods that may conflict with each other! I do personally believe mods are essential for an immersive and hardcore experience in-game so do be careful when playing around, check mod versions etc..
- 01. MLB The Show 21 | Power Swing(272)
- 02. MLB The Show 21 | Dugout Walk(257)
- 03. MLB The Show 21 | Winning In Style(193)
- 04. MLB The Show 21 | World Series Champs(183)
- 05. MLB The Show 21 | Welcome to The Show!(168)
- 06. MLB The Show 21 | Mowing Them Down(139)
- 07. MLB The Show 21 | Quality Win(175)
- 08. MLB The Show 21 | No Baseball is Safe(152)
- 09. MLB The Show 21 | Market Flipping(678)
- 10. MLB The Show 21 | XP Glitch(1,315)
- 11. How To Become A Zombie In Warzone - New Radiation Zones(828)
- 12. Minecraft Dungeons: How To Solve The Soggy Cave Puzzles(644)
- 13. Doom Eternal Computer Code: How to play DOOM 2(573)
- 14. Outriders What's the best class for starters and solo player(1,261)
- 15. Warzone Super Charged Reactive Bundle - How to Get the Racer(1,095)