I want to write mods for the PC version of Zwift
Zwift is an indoor cycling MMO game with 10's of thousands of users.
I'm not new to modding. Search MoMadenU GTAV mods to see my suff
Here's what I know so far:
* It is 64 bit Windows application.
* Almost all DLLs it loads except for sensors for Ant+ come from system32
* It is multi-threaded. Threads manage the multiplayer aspects.
* I froze all threads except the main and sound threads and not only did the game not crash,
I could still ride my bike, and I had the whole map to myself!
Interesting, but not for what I want to do
* It uses openGL for drawing
* It dynamically streams in texture and sound files
What I want to do:
I want to be able to change and enhance the dashboard aspect of the UI
I can probably use the main window handle to get the drawing context and draw stuff on the main screen, but that is not enough. I need an api to do things like get player route, ride time, distance, location etc.
I know GTAV uses a DLL hook to get to the game scripting api. I believe there is some hash magic that yields the entry points into the running game. I honestly don't know how all that works..
* Do you have to know that entry points actually exist before you try to find them?
* Is it indeed the goal to get method entry points within the exe that can be called from a DLL you provide?
* Is there a frame update() hook to be had like there is in any other game?
Any help/wisdom would be much appreciated.