PC SupportBest Antivirus for your PC?Posted:

LSX
  • 2 Million
Reputation Power: 50
So I want someone to tell me the best antivirus for a PC.
My two top picks are Bitdefender and Kaspersky.

Two things I've been mainly looking for..
1. Allowing files - I'll use Bitdefender and stock Windows firewall as an example.
Every time I download a file that I know is safe but they detect 1 little thing - Bitdefender quarantines it and you got to go through multiple things to allow the file which is annoying.

Stock Windows firewall just straight up deletes it for me and doesn't give me a chance to allow it (no matter how much I try) which I hate and I have tried so hard to completely disable any Stock firewall/defender on Win 10 but it STILL seems to work. (turned it off on policies etc)

I want one that just comes up and asks.. allow, delete, quarantine.. what one does that?

2. Drinking my CPU.. some of these actually drink your CPU power (bitdefender in its older versions) what is one that is lightweight but still very effective.

---

Can you name any?

Thanks !
#2. Posted:
BerzerkHDD
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 19
I suppose its more personal preference, i use Malwarebytes as i got a cheap key and it works fine for me, Using it solely with Windows defender/security completely disabled
#3. Posted:
coadyonline
  • Resident Elite
BerzerkHDD wroteI suppose its more personal preference, i use Malwarebytes as i got a cheap key and it works fine for me, Using it solely with Windows defender/security completely disabled

Second this, Malwarebytes is cheap and cheerful.
#4. Posted:
LSX
  • 2 Million
BerzerkHDD wroteI suppose its more personal preference, i use Malwarebytes as i got a cheap key and it works fine for me, Using it solely with Windows defender/security completely disabled

With malwarebytes whats the process of allowing a file?
#5. Posted:
RepMeDaddy
  • Summer 2020
Reputation Power: 618
Motto: +rep me ;)
LSX wrote

With malwarebytes whats the process of allowing a file?

Are you talking about excluding files from scans and detection? You can exclude files or folders. I also recommend Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro
#6. Posted:
TTG
  • E3 2018
Reputation Power: 7426
Motto: Need any help? Have any questions? Be sure to send me a PM :)
The best is Bitdefender by far, I have had this for over 4 years and had nothing happen to my PC and has a good UI.
https://gyazo.com/32bef131d0115128ad0bb52329be036c.png
#7. Posted:
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 8648
At this point windows defender is more than enough. If you really need an AV you should probably gate your activities a little more closely. If you absolutely need one, in it's current state bitdefender is alright.
#8. Posted:
Scratched
  • Winter 2019
Reputation Power: 108
I personally used TotalAV. Price tag was decent, UI looks good, pretty decent all around not much I can say that's bad about it. There's other options for those who want to go with free software though.

TotalAV