PC SupportNew PC build stuck at ASRock screenPosted:

J72440rallye
Reputation Power: 0
Hey guys, I just put our second computer together for my son's birthday present. Running into an issue where the computer won't boot past the ASRock screen to install Windows 10 home. I checked the BIOS and everything looks good that I can see. Only difference is that i installed 3600 ram and the bios is showing around 2100. After using the creation tool on the Microsoft site and finding out that that didn't work, I bought the full install kit and am running into the same wall. I do get the initial install question: 64 or 32 bit, after that is the ASRock wall.
Build details:
Chip: Intel ICore 5-8600K
Board: ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black
Video: ASUS Strix Radeon RX 580 OC edition
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 MHz 2x8GB
Hard drive: Samsung 860 Evo Data 6 Gb/s.
Thank you for any and all help!
#2. Posted:
Reputation Power: 2756
So wait, what's happening? The system POSTs and boots in to BIOS, then you try to install OS and the system POSTs again?
Does it get stuck in a boot loop until you manually turn it off?
#3. Posted:
J72440rallye
Reputation Power: 0
Solved!
I was stumped, threw in the towel and took the new PC to a local computer repair shop figuring that they would be better set up for this. They first leaned heavily towards the CPU. I picked up a new 9600 ICore 5 and dropped it off. That didn't change anything, next was the motherboard. I picked up an MSI
MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS board, the computer (didn't want to spend more $ at the shop to install a board that I could easily do) and brought both back to the house. Same problem after installing the new board I again started trying to isolate which component was causing the issue and found that one of the Corsair ram sticks was bad. I was a little stumped since everything showed good in the BIOS, but wouldn't post. The rig ran great on the remaining 8 Gig ram stick. Now Windows is installed and I'm going to have to pick up another pair of ram sticks to use while I wait on the refund of the original ones or warranty to eventually run 32 Gig. I called the shop back and gave them an update so that maybe the next guy in a similar situation can get a quicker and more accurate solution.