Let's say you've recently bought a Fortnite account, the past owner gave you the OG e-mail along with it but you read that e-mails on some domains can be easily pulled back. You ask yourself, "Well, how can I change the e-mail on my Epic Games account?"
The process isn't actually that difficult to do, all it takes is patience; they may take up to a week to respond to your initial e-mail, you'd need to be quite attentive to your e-mail.
First off, DO NOT SEND AN E-MAIL CHANGE REQUEST FROM THE SAME E-MAIL ON THE EPIC GAMES ACCOUNT. Make a completely new e-mail that you wish to have as your OG e-mail on your Epic Games account.
Second, try to think of a good excuse to send to Epic Games as to why you wish to change your e-mail.
- "My e-mail has been compromised."
- "I'm having issues with incoming and outgoing mail."
- "I used a school owned e-mail to make the Epic Games account."
- "I wrote the e-mail wrong, the e-mail already exists and have no access to the e-mail." (I'd use this one specifically for accounts that aren't verified, if you stupidly linked your Xbox account to a cracked Epic Games like I did).
Once you've sent the first e-mail with your excuse for wanting to change the OG e-mail, you're going to have to wait a week MAX until they actually respond.
The first e-mail you'll get from Epic Games is an e-mail containing simple questions:
1. Email address associated with your Epic account.
2. Current Epic display name.
3. First and Last Name of account holder.
4. External account currently connected to your Epic account, if applicable. This includes Google, Facebook, Twitch, PSN, Xbox, and Switch accounts. Make sure to let us know the platform and display name of any external accounts.
You can find all of this information on the Epic Games website once you sign in.
The second e-mail you'll receive once you've answered the questions previously mentioned will contain a series of questions to successfully verify that you are the owner of the account:
1) Date your Xbox, PSN, or Switch was connected to your Epic Games account
2) Account creation date (Approximation is fine) Epic Account ID (You can view this in your settings)
3) Did you ever purchase the bonus Battle Pass Tiers?
4) Original Epic account display name
5) Last login date of Epic account
6) Promotional items redeemed and the platform they were redeemed on (i.e. Twitch Prime)
7) Battle Pass Season History: Past seasons purchased, Battle Pass tier reached, wins, XP earned (Approximations are fine)
8)Dates of previous purchases on your account 9)Approximate purchase date and time of an item purchased longer than 30 days ago
The hardest question (IMO) to answer is the "Approximate purchase date and time of an item purchased longer than 30 days ago" only because you'd have to think really hard about which item you bought. What I did was I searched for a database that contains all of the dates that the item has been released and I looked for one that the account had that was past the 30 day mark.
You can easily find which seasons were purchased and to what tier you reached when you look at the skins your account has (Season 2: knight, Season 3: john wick, Season 4: omega); if you have any of those your account has reached Maxed Battle Pass and you'll have the answer.
Your Epic Games ID can be found (if you're on console) in the Settings option, on the tab where your Refunds are also displayed; if you've still got refunds available, you can also see which items were recently bought on the account which is one of the questions they ask.
Once you've verified that you own the account, they'll answer back pretty quickly and ask you for an e-mail to change the Epic Games account to. Make sure you send them the correct e-mail. They could take anywhere from a few minutes to two days, depending on how quickly you answered their e-mails.
Hope this helps even a little bit and I hope you guys can secure your accounts 100% by doing the e-mail change on purchased accounts.
Also, Red Knight is being released tonight so DO NOT fall for those "cheap" Red Knight accounts, you'll be able to buy the skin for $20 tonight. Purchase wisely!
If you've got any questions about how to do the change or what to send Epic Games, just send me a PM. I'll be trying to pay closer attention to the forums.