GeneralDo you leave a tip?Posted:

Dusk
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 1043
Motto: https://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=7722442/remove-the-1-minute-wait-time-on-rep.html
Do you normally provide a tip at establishments? (Bars, restaurants, etc). Do you think you are provided better service for tipping, and how much is a fair tip to you?

Someone told me this is an American thing but I think people do it all over.

I like to tip $5-$7 but if you are a lousy waiter than no tip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dusk For This Useful Post:

Yamborghini (11-14-2017), Xbox (11-07-2017)
#2. Posted:
Original_Lay
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 12
Yes, if the food service was alright.
#3. Posted:
Reputation Power: 1844
If i feel they deserve a tip I'll normally give them $10.
#4. Posted:
Ethics
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 153
urm usually if they're nice
#5. Posted:
soggy
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 58
Motto: Live life to the best of your ability.
always tip delivery people, and at restaurants if the service was good and the food was good
#6. Posted:
nonadaptive
  • Vantage
Reputation Power: 149
Motto: PogChampion
I only leave a tip if I have the money.
#7. Posted:
BJP
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 208
Motto: "if I had the choice between killing 1000 Octopuses with a knife or letting 1 human die I would not even think twice before sending tentacles flying all over the place." - Cohle
No, thankfully my country has minimum wage laws which require even the "lowest of the low" type jobs to be paid a good wage in order for the employee to not need tips to survive. The National minimum wage act of 1998 means that anyone who fits the given criteria gets at least a set wage. This even fits part-time, trainee's, offshore, one-day hires, apprentices and foreign workers. The minimum wage at the moment is shown below:

https://gyazo.com/8b98d711e45ddf118e4e2c004f686050.png

I think tipping is an extremely crude way of shorting your workers especially if a company then splits the tips at the end of the shift. I will only tip if its a pathetic amount meaning I will be left with coppers (small change) or if they have performed a miracle in front of my eyes.

BJP
#8. Posted:
Allergies
  • Gold Gifter
Reputation Power: 168
Motto: Goals: Gold Gifter + and 200 rep | Thank you Zesri for the baller avatar and sig.
I will always tip the waiter/waitress. My biggest thing is that they get paid very low wages and basically make all their money off of tips. Even if the service wasn't amazing, I'll still tip a few bucks. The better the service, the bigger the tip for me. That's also on top of tipping 10-15% of the final bill.
#9. Posted:
PostMalone
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 149
Motto: S/O dah for the gold | youtube.com/c/imthehomiematt
Depends, if the waiter/waitress is really nice and attentive they get a good tip, but if they are terrible they dont get a tip
#10. Posted:
Dusk
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 1043
Motto: https://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=7722442/remove-the-1-minute-wait-time-on-rep.html
BJP wrote
No, thankfully my country has minimum wage laws which require even the "lowest of the low" type jobs to be paid a good wage in order for the employee to not need tips to survive. The National minimum wage act of 1998 means that anyone who fits the given criteria gets at least a set wage. This even fits part-time, trainee's, offshore, one-day hires, apprentices and foreign workers. The minimum wage at the moment is shown below:

https://gyazo.com/8b98d711e45ddf118e4e2c004f686050.png

I think tipping is an extremely crude way of shorting your workers especially if a company then splits the tips at the end of the shift. I will only tip if its a pathetic amount meaning I will be left with coppers (small change) or if they have performed a miracle in front of my eyes.

BJP

Damn u lucky bro. Your countries' minimum wage gets reviewed every April. Minimum wage in the USA has been $7.25 since 2009 and $7.25 here is equivalent to the apprentice wages in the U.K. Since the cost of living is insane now. ($7 for a gallon of milk) I live in a cheap part of the country and housing is $1000 a month on average for a 1 bedroom apartment. rip.