Private Messaging Frequently Asked Questions
• I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. If it is the later case you should try asking the administrator why.[ Back to Top ]
• I keep getting unwanted private messages!
In the future we will be adding an ignore list to the private messaging system. For now though if you keep receiving unwanted private messages from someone inform the board admin, they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages at all.[ Back to Top ]
• Why has my Private Message privilege been removed?
Generally, when this happens, you have been found to be sending Private Messages that are harassing, threatening, or otherwise out of line with the TTG Rules. Spamming, Harassing, Threatening, Flaming, Etc. will NEVER be tolerated on TTG. Just because it is not on the Forums does not mean we cannot see it.[ Back to Top ]
• What is the difference between Outbox and Sentbox?
The Outbox is where you can view messages that you have sent to other users, but they have not actually read the message yet. Once a user reads the Private Message that you have sent to them, the message is then moved to the Sentbox. If a message is in the Sentbox, then you know the user has read your message.[ Back to Top ]
• Who is System?
System is an automated account that sends warnings to users via PM on behalf of staff. This is so the user does not know the identity of the staff member that issued the warning, and will not harass him/her. If you receive a warning, you will receive it from System. You do not need to know WHO issued you the warning, but you need to know WHY you were issued the warning.[ Back to Top ]
• Why do staff member messages show up as a different color?
This is to give you, the members, a visual representation that a staff member has sent you a message. When you receive one of these, you can generally rest assured that the message is important.[ Back to Top ]
• Is there a character limit for Private Messages?
No, currently there is no character limit for Private Messages.[ Back to Top ]
• Are there rules about what I cannot send via Private Message?
Yes, all site rules remain in effect even through the Private Messaging system. Anything that is not allowed on the forums, is also not allowed via Private Message. In addition, there are 3 rules that always pop up when you attempt to send a private message. 1. Do not message staff members asking them to verify or check out your topic. 2. Do not spam, advertise, flame or recruit through the Private Message system. 3. Abide by all of the Community Rules. If you follow all three of these rules, you will never have any issues with the Private Messaging system.[ Back to Top ]
• How do I delete unwanted messages from my Inbox?
If you want to delete a particular message, simply click in the box on the right hand side of your screen at the end of the message you want to delete, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the "Delete Marked" button. It will ask you "Are you sure you want to delete this message?" Click Yes or No, depending whether or not you are sure, and you are done.[ Back to Top ]
• Can I mass delete messages in my Inbox?
Yes, if you want to mass delete messages, simply click in all of the boxes on the right hand side of your screen at the end of the messages, or, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Mark All" and then click the "Delete Marked" button. It will ask you "Are you sure you want to delete this message?" Click Yes or No, depending whether or not you are sure, and you are done.[ Back to Top ]
• I cannot send Private Messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the staff has disabled private messaging for the entire community (possibly maintenance) or the staff has prevented you from sending messages.[ Back to Top ]
- 01. (PC) Save Game - Dungeon Siege 2(0)
- 02. (PC) Save Game - The Lego Movie Videogame(0)
- 03. Pokemon Rumble World | Gamesave(0)
- 04. [JPN] Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward | Game Complete(0)
- 05. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?! | Complete and Full Power Up(1)
- 06. (PC) Save Game - Need for Speed: Shift(0)
- 07. (PC) Save Game - Ultra Street Fighter IV(0)
- 08. Snowtopia: Ski Resort Tycoon | Trainer(0)
- 09. (PC) Save Game - R.U.S.E.(1)
- 10. (EU) - GTA Vice City Definitive Edition (PS4) 100% Trophy Save + Others(22)
- 11. Spyro 1 [JP] 120% Save Data(2)
- 12. Dead Or Alive 4 | Unlock Gamesave(3)
- 13. Dead Or Alive 4 | 100% save & 4.1 patch for Xenia(1)
- 14. (PC) Save Game - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock(0)
- 15. (PC) Save Game - Unreal Tournament 2004(0)
- 01. High on Life | Spent 15 Hours At The Alien Strip Club Guide(182)
- 02. High on Life | Cold-Blooded Driller Achievement Guide(123)
- 03. High on Life | Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood Achievement(308)
- 04. High on Life | Epic Legendary Prize(211)
- 05. High on Life | First Bounty Down Achievement Guide(183)
- 06. High on Life | We Paid For The Rights To Put A Whole Movie(163)
- 07. High on Life | Carried Stan's Load to Completion (Secret)(283)
- 08. High on Life | Eye Scream, You Scream Achievement Guide(301)
- 09. Red Dead Online Achievements Walkthrough(217)
- 10. High on Life | We're All Very Impressed Trust Me Achievement(390)
- 11. High on Life | Gunning For Your Job Achievement Guide(256)
- 12. High on Life | Fallout Doesn't Let You Do This Achievement(313)
- 13. High on Life | Who's The Boss? Achievement Guide(413)
- 14. High on Life | Don't Knife The Hand That Feeds Achievement(381)
- 15. How to: Matrix Numbers | Batch File(329)