Gears of WarGOW4 keeps freezing. (Xbox)Posted:

uwu
  • Shoutbox Hero +
Reputation Power: 1038
I had uninstalled Gears (yes, due to a rage fit) and I went to install it again; it installed successfully but when I start the game, it'll freeze in the middle of a game or it'll freeze in between games and just freeze my whole Xbox and then make it bug out until I eventually have to hard reset it/unplug the power cord.

This is getting extremely annoying and all I wanna do is play Gears.
#2. Posted:
Anhur
  • 2 Million
Reputation Power: 107
try clearing the game's cache and then hard resetting your xbox, same thing used to happen to me and that helped. (i also deleted the game before doing that, but i wouldn't recommend it since its like 120gb.)
#3. Posted:
Mikey
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 10695
Motto: #7 POSTER | #1 TOP GIFTER | ATH BADGE HOLDER 14 MONTHS
Anhur wrotetry clearing the game's cache and then hard resetting your xbox, same thing used to happen to me and that helped. (i also deleted the game before doing that, but i wouldn't recommend it since its like 120gb.)

Did this work for you mate?
#4. Posted:
Anhur
  • E3 2018
Reputation Power: 107
Mikey wrote
Anhur wrotetry clearing the game's cache and then hard resetting your xbox, same thing used to happen to me and that helped. (i also deleted the game before doing that, but i wouldn't recommend it since its like 120gb.)

Did this work for you mate?

Anhur wrotesame thing used to happen to me and that helped.

So yes, it did.
#5. Posted:
uwu
  • Shoutbox Hero +
It did help. Cleared the cache, hard reset my Xbox and it ran smoother and it didn't get stuck. Thanks, Anhur.
#6. Posted:
uwu
  • Shoutbox Hero +
Okay so, the thing I did that I said solved the issue has come back to haunt me.

Gears works when I open the game, I play a full game and on the screen where the scoreboard is, my Gears keeps freezing and crashing. It doesn't make any sense.
#7. Posted:
Kixa
  • E3 2017
Reputation Power: 1218
Miserable wroteOkay so, the thing I did that I said solved the issue has come back to haunt me.

Gears works when I open the game, I play a full game and on the screen where the scoreboard is, my Gears keeps freezing and crashing. It doesn't make any sense.
Are you playing on a disk? If so something must be wrong with the disk if the above methods didn't fix your issues.