GeneralGraphic Card PricesPosted:

Joooeeeeyyyy
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 18
Hey guys, I have a bit of a question. As we all should know the prices for GPU's have increased quite a lot due to cryptocurrencies. However, with the drastic decline in cryptocurrency recently, is there a possibility of the GPU's coming down in price? I have been planning on upgrading my entire rig for a while but am holding out just in case they do go down.
#2. Posted:
Adam
  • Gold Gifter +
Reputation Power: 1406
Motto: "Harry tore his eyes from his head and threw them into the forest. "Voldemort raised his eyebrows at Harry, who could not see anything at the moment."
Hard to say really. There should be a new set of GPU's coming out fairly soon from Nvidia if I'm correct [I don't keep ontop of this stuff as much as I used to]

From there, you could probably buy a cheap ish used card from last gen.
#3. Posted:
AR15
  • Winter 2016
Reputation Power: 680
Motto: "What's it like having the fluids inside of your eyes boil? I'd imagine it might sting a little." ~Colonel Roy Mustang
Adam wroteHard to say really. There should be a new set of GPU's coming out fairly soon from Nvidia if I'm correct [I don't keep ontop of this stuff as much as I used to]

From there, you could probably buy a cheap ish used card from last gen.

I have to agree with Adam. I think when the next gen of cards drop that the current and older than current card prices will decline somewhat. Especially if mining continues on a decline.