Programminghow to make it so you need an invite code to register?Posted:

Reputation Power: 148
Motto: Rollin dimes and sniping twine
so im adding a forum to my wesbite and i need to know how to add a custom invite code for you to be able to resgister. im using myBB btw if that helps.
if anyone could IM me and help me that would help. i can also squeeze a reward to someone that helps me
#2. Posted:
-Deano
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 426
Motto: Thanks to Soldier_ for the gold! | PCMR
If you have access to your server, you could set up an invites table in your database.
Create a php script where you generate a unique invite ID and supply that as a parameter to a signup script (You could use hidden input fields to store it).
If the invite ID doesn't match an already generated one in the database then it's clearly someone who wasn't invited so you can ignore their signup request.

If you don't want to make it yourself, you could try a plugin like this
#3. Posted:
Gavin-
  • Ninja
Reputation Power: 808
-Deano wroteIf you have access to your server, you could set up an invites table in your database.
Create a php script where you generate a unique invite ID and supply that as a parameter to a signup script (You could use hidden input fields to store it).
If the invite ID doesn't match an already generated one in the database then it's clearly someone who wasn't invited so you can ignore their signup request.

If you don't want to make it yourself, you could try a plugin like this

Thats exactly what I was thinking would be the right way to go.