Motto: - Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. -

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Platform: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One
Genre: Action Adventure Game, Platform Game
Release Date: 7 June 2016
Developer: EA DICE
Publisher: Electronic Arts

Synopsis

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a first-person action-adventure game in which the player takes control of Faith Connors as she progresses through a futuristic city named Glass. ... These act as guides to lead players towards their objective.

Gameplay

MOMENTUM
Build momentum to do daring jumps between rooftops or stylish slides through tight spaces. Use the new Shift move to get a short burst of acceleration in any direction. For a quick change of plan, tweak any move with Quickturn, a rapid 180 or 90 degree turn.
TRAVERSAL
Hit top speed quickly zipping down wire lines. Balance on pipes before smoothly dropping to a hang before climbing, hand over hand, under an obstacle. Run vertically and horizontally on any wall and use your environment to swing around corners or over gaps.

Graphics

The graphics was awesome! Compared to the previous version of Mirror's Edge, the graphics has improved enormously, which makes game play easier because things are clearer and easy to see. There are also issues with the graphics, with Catalyst being easily the worst looking Frostbite game of recent years. The art design is fantastic but theres a serious problem with textures not loading in properly (and the sound dropping out), and the faces for secondary characters are awful. Not that there are many other people, since the games city feels more like a ghost town. You do occasionally pass ordinary citizens but they never express outrage that youre running through their house or have just ruined their construction yard.

Controls

Controls are incredibly easy and can become extremely fun. Can be a bit of a handful when your're in an intense fight or game. The origin of Shift is that we wanted to find something that lets you gain speed faster. Shift lets you move sideways in any direction, and also backwards. Say you get too close to a threat or just want to back up and get a clearer view of your surroundings, Shift will take care of that.Shift can also be used to drift when taking corners. Though running and driving are very different activities, this is not entirely dissimilar from techniques in racing games. If youre running and are approaching a 90-degree turn, you can turn slightly towards the turn and activate a Side shift to make a sharper turn.One extra perk of using Shift like this is that you cant fall off of ledges while doing it. This means you can use this technique on dodgy terrain and on small catwalks without railings.

Rating

Gameplay: 6/10
Graphics: 9/10
Controls: 6.5/10
Overall: 8/10

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xJustBeYou For This Useful Post:

Timezone (02-14-2018), Mikey (02-09-2018)
#2. Posted:
Craig
  • Game Reviewer
Reputation Power: 1614
Motto: henlo wizard, hellllooo stinky wizard go eat a magic ugly
The best thing about this game is the engine it uses. It runs very smooth.

As for the game, it's very meh, i did prefer the 1st one as it just made more sense.
#3. Posted:
Mikey
  • All Time High
Reputation Power: 2966
Motto: Discord https://discord.gg/tTcFUmy https://www.youtube.com/c/MikeysGainz https://twitter.com/MikeysGainz https://www.twitch.tv/showtimemikey
Damn brah, shes sexy as hell lol, anyways great review again mate.
#4. Posted:
Izuku
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 104
Motto: Plus Ultra, Going for 100 Rep boys!
Awesome review bro! going to try this game out now
#5. Posted:
xJustBeYou
  • Vantage
Reputation Power: 107
Motto: - Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. -
Izuku wroteAwesome review bro! going to try this game out now

Im glad you liked it!
#6. Posted:
Timezone
  • Download Master
Reputation Power: 426
Motto: Next Goal: Tutorial Master
I seen it was on sale a few days ago.

I played the OG Mirror's Edge a while back.

Might have to try this one out!
#7. Posted:
KyloCrux
  • E3 2016
Reputation Power: 648
Had this game for a while and can say it's one of the smoothest playing games I've ever owned. Great review dude.
#8. Posted:
Tom
Reputation Power: 1802
The synopsis could have been longer (remember, you can copy and paste it). Your Gameplay was directly copied from their website. Remember, this is your view on the gameplay and your opinion on it. Further more, you are forgetting a main part about the review, the plot, your game review doesn't have a plot and this is a main category a lot of people look at. Your images are also small and a terrible resemblance to the game.

I never got a chance to get this game on the Xbox One but I heard many good things about this game. Great for strategy and I hear many play this game for the Speed Run.
#9. Posted:
Guys
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 216
Motto: Rgh 4 sale PM me for info|UK
I remember how cool the og game was. nice reveiw