Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I Never Asked For This
Tutorial Name: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I Never Asked For This
Category: Xbox One Tutorials
Submitted By: Ryan
Related Forum: Xbox Forum
This achievement will require that you complete the game on the "I Never Asked For This" difficulty level. This difficulty will only unlock after you have completed the game at least once. It can be initiated via the Main Menu provided you have at least one open save slot.
Set to the "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty, the twist here is that it's essentially a permadeath mode; you have one life and when you die, you will restart the game from the beginning. It's recommended then that this difficulty should be played stealthily, perhaps stacked with the "Pacifist" and "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievements. Sneaking past most enemies during your missions lessens hostile combat and thus reduces the chances of death during this playthrough.
TIP: As noted by RomanAround, your save file will be deleted once Jensen's animation of dying is complete. At this time, a message will appear on the screen informing you that your save file has been deleted. There's a trick, though: before this animation is complete, you can quickly "dashboard quit" out of the game. When you reload your playthrough from Main Menu, your save file will be intact, allowing you to carry on.
You can refer to "Pacifist" and "Foxiest of the Hounds" for additional stealth-based tips, but just remember that on this playthrough, you should ignore all collectibles and all side missions. By focusing on the main story missions alone, you can complete the game in as little as five and a half hours and avoid unnecessary objectives that might get you killed.
Here are a few additional, worthwhile tips provided by RomanAround:
Fully upgrade Hacking, Energy Converter and Glass-Shield Cloak.
Skip every side quest and Point of Interest in the game.
You only have on manual save slot, there are no auto-saves in this mode.
Buy, collect, and craft as many Biocells as possible.
Always loot safe areas for additional crafting materials (to craft Biocells).
Sell lethal weapons, ammo, and alcohol to the vendor in Jensen's apartment complex (to buy Biocells).
Make sure to unlock and fully upgrade the Leg Prosthesis, Icarus Landing and Icarus Dash augs for access to alternative paths, based on the situation.
The achievement will finally unlock once the credits roll provided you completed this playthrough successfully without having ever died.
- 01. Fractured Minds - The Mundane(515)
- 02. Fractured Minds - Wrong key wrong key wrong key(509)
- 03. Mortal Shell - You Seem Different...(1,262)
- 04. Mortal Shell - Flesh and Instinct(347)
- 05. Mortal Shell - Face Off(538)
- 06. Mortal Shell - The Good Times are Killing Me(511)
- 07. Mortal Shell - Is This a Sparta?(830)
- 08. Mortal Shell - Fun Guy(377)
- 09. Mortal Shell - Step Goal(318)
- 10. Mortal Shell - Brigand Life(751)
- 11. Mortal Shell - Purrfect(290)
- 12. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Not Quite Mortal(560)
- 13. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Speedrunner(497)
- 14. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Crushing Conclusion(473)
- 15. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Swift and Deadly(502)