How to get Mac OS X Lion Theme on iPod/iPhone
Tutorial Name: How to get Mac OS X Lion Theme on iPod/iPhone
Category: Mobile Devices
Submitted By: Hub
Related Forum: Mobile Devices
How To Turn your iDevices iOS theme into Mac X OS Lion Theme
In 4 easy steps
1) Have a jailbroken device
2) Download Dreamboard from Cydia
3) Install OS X Lion Ultimatum - For Free
4) Move it to the correct folder if necessary
1) If you do not already have a jail broken device, please follow my tut, which works for all devices:
2) On Cydia, search for Dreamboard. It is a free package included in cydia's default repo's. Install Dreamboard, then respring your device.
3) You should notice a new dreamboard app icon on one of your springboard pages.
4) Now go back to cydia, then go to Manage at the bottom. Then go to Sources, then tap Edit in the right hand corner, then in the left hand corner it should say Add. Tap Add. A URL box should appear, type in this URL to add the required repo:
5) Now in cydia, search OS X Lion.
6) There will be OS X Lion Ultimatum SD and OS X Lion Ultimatum HD. If your device can support retina display (iPod 4g and iPhone 4S - im not sure about the iPhone 4) ,then you can install the HD version. If your device doesnt support retina display, you will have to install the SD version.
7) Now go to Dreamboard from the app on the springboard, in my case OS X Lion wasn't there - but i found a fix. If it is there then go straight to step 17.
8) If it isn't there go back to cydia, manage, edit, add and this time add this repo (If you allready have this repo, you can skip this):
9) Now in cydia search iFile. Once you have found it, install it.
10) Now launch iFile from the app on your springboard.
11) Go to the highest directory (Just keep pressing back in the left hand corner, until you cant. The directory should be called '/')
12) At the top, click the search bar. Now click Hierarchy, not Directory. Now search:
OS X Lion. Leave it 2 mins to load - as it takes a while to find it sometimes.
13) In my case, it was under /Library/Dreamboard . But that Dreamboard folder had been made seperately from when i installed Dreamboard - so it had no other files in it. To move OS X Lion to the correct Dreamboard Folder, simply tap edit in the top right corner, then tick OS X Lion, then tap the button in the bottom right and click copy.
14) Now my actual dreamboard folder was in:
(in Blue writing)
15) Yours should be there aswell, if you cant find it, just search dreamboard in iFile under hierarchy. It should be near(or at) the top. Now go into that dreamboard folder(which is in blue writing)(there should be other files in there aswell - for example _Library, Default and Endroid), tap edit in the top right corner, then tap the button in the bottom right corner. You should now be able to click paste, if so do so.
16) OS X Lion should now be in that folder. Now go back to the springboard and go onto the dreamboard app, it should be there now.
17) Click on it and wait for it to be prepared (it may take a while).
16) At this point, your springboard may crash(for me it did), do not worry mobile substrate should put your device into safe mode when it has recovered. Just click restart springboard and you should be either back to normal or on the OS X Lion theme. If you are back to normal, try preparing the theme again and it should work this time, if you are on the theme and want to redo the setup, just go into macintosh and there should be an app/file named setup. Just load that to redo it.
17) You now have OS X Lion as your Theme on your iDevice. In my opinion this is the best OS X theme, i know it has a few bugs but its never going to be perfect. If you wish to revert back to ios, then at top click the apple symbol, then click log out and it will take you back to dreamboard.
OS X Lion Ultimatum Video 1 - Not my Video:
OS X Lion Ultimatum Video 2 - Not my video:
- 01. How to Use Find my iPhone to Track Your iPhone, iPad, Mac(702)
- 02. Hardware History: The PSP Phone Confirmed (2010)(366)
- 03. How to Remove Your Number from Truecaller(484)
- 04. How to Check Validity of SHSH2 Blobs in 4 Easy Steps(1,050)
- 05. Electra jailbreak finally released to the public!(934)
- 06. How to format a SD Card on Android(506)
- 07. How To Block PopUp Ads On Your Android Smartphone(765)
- 08. How To Block Unwanted Calls On An HTC Hero Smartphone(358)
- 09. Brave Frontier Achievements (Android)(439)
- 10. Beach Buggy Racing Achievements (Android)(1,304)
- 11. Candy Crush Saga - How to get Unlimited Lifes(545)
- 12. Angry Birds - How to get the Golden Football(320)
- 13. Angry Birds - How to get Unlimited Mighty Eagle(882)
- 14. Adding SNES Roms to your SNES Mini(1,056)
- 15. Installation Windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi 3(1,331)