How to update from 4.05 to 4.55 after Update Blocker payload
Tutorial Name: How to update from 4.05 to 4.55 after Update Blocker payload
Category: PS4 Game Modding Tutorials
Submitted By: Nik
How to update from 4.05 to 4.55 after Update Blocker payload by CelesteBlue
WARNING: Be extremely careful not to install the latest firmware after following this tutorial! Also make sure to NOT delete other files and folders on your PS4 via FTP!!!!
I'm writing this tutorial for those of you who have decided to update from firmware 4.05 to 4.55 and can't because of an error. This error is caused by either manually creating the required update folders via FTP, running the upload blocker payload or running HEN. I have not yet updated to firmware 4.55, and I suggest you consider the advantages and disadvantages before installing a higher firmware on your console.
I'll start of by saying either way the update blocker is installed on your system, it created two empty folders on your PS4 system. When we delete these folders via FTP you should be able to update again via USB. If possible make sure your PS4 is not connected to the internet while following this tutorial or disconnect your PS4 as soon as the update blocker folders are deleted! I don't want Sony to push the latest firmware update on your console!
STEP 1: RUN THE EXPLOIT + FTP PAYLOAD ON 4.05
Do this the way you prefer.
When using Exploit Host by Al-Azif I recommend 'xVortex + FTP'
When using any online method I recommend 'xVortex + FTP'
If you are using an exploit without implemented FTP payload, inject a FTP payload which grants you full permissions
STEP 2: CONNECT TO YOUR PS4 USING FTP SOFTWARE (EX. FILEZILLA)
Open the FTP Software (Host = PS4 IP / Username = "Blank" / Password = "Blank" / Port = 1337) and press connect.
Navigate to /update
You'll find two empty folders 'PS4UPDATE.PUP' and 'PS4UPDATE.PUP.temp.net'
IMPORTANT: At this point I recommend to disconnect your PS4 from the network (if it doesn't block internet access to Sony). Just to make sure the console doesn't start to download firmware 5.05!
- 01. Street of Rage (Mod) released(31)
- 02. PS4 Save Wizard Re Region Tutorial(4,109)
- 03. Holy Grail for PS4 4.55 will not support usb hard drive back(832)
- 04. [PS4/4.05] PS4 Cheater Homebrew App to Find Game Cheat Codes(1,729)
- 05. RPCS3 can in fact run games on a PS4 running Linux.(1,270)
- 06. [PS4/4.05] PSVita Saves now online - Sharing decrypted saves(753)
- 07. How do I upload my game saves and apply downloaded ones?(2,177)
- 08. [PS4/4.05] GTA5 Mod Menu (How to install Mod Menu)(3,828)
- 09. Fix for PS4API on Netcheat(657)
- 10. How to Resign a save with Save Wizard(3,344)
- 11. [PS4/SUMU] What is it? Explanation what it is & does(808)
- 12. [PS4/4.05] netCheat API(851)
- 13. PS4 Registry Editor(609)
- 14. How to run STEAM on PS4 Linux(2,207)
- 15. How to bypass a PS4 update[Red-EyeX32](3,502)