How to format a SD Card on Windows
Tutorial Name: How to format a SD Card on Windows
Submitted By: Mooneye
1. Insert the SD card into your computer. Your computer should have a thin, wide slot on its housing; this is where the SD card goes.
- -Make sure you insert the SD card angled side first and label side up.
-If your computer doesn't have an SD card slot, you can purchase an SD-to-USB adapter that plugs into a USB port and into which you'll plug the SD card.
2. Open Start Do so by clicking the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
[list-You can also press the Win key.][/list]
3. Click It's on the left side of the Start window. This will open the File Explorer.
4. Click My Computer. This monitor-shaped icon is on the left side of the File Explorer window.
5. Click your SD card's name. You'll find it below the "Devices and drives" heading in the middle of the This PC window. Your SD card will typically have "SDHC" in its name.
6. Click the Manage tab. It's a menu item in the top-left side of the This PC window.
7. Click Format. This icon, which is in the top-left side of the window, resembles a flash drive with a red, circular arrow on it. Doing so opens the Format window.
8. Click the "File System" box. It's below the "File System" heading near the top of the page. A drop-down menu will appear with the following options:
- -NTFS - The default Windows operating system format. This format only works with Windows.
-FAT32 - The most widely compatible format. Works on Windows and Mac, but has a storage limit of 32 gigabytes.
-exFAT (Recommended) - Works on Windows and Mac, and has no storage limit.
9. Click a format. Doing so will select it as the formatting type.
- -If you've formatted your drive before, check the Quick Format box as well.
10. Click Start, then click OK. Windows will begin formatting your SD card.
- -Your SD card's photos will be deleted during this process.
11. Click OK when prompted. This indicates that your SD card has been altered to support your selected format.
and you're finished! Hope you enjoyed this
- 01. Apache Ant Tutorial - Introduction(202)
- 02. Apache Ant Tutorial - Environment Setup(207)
- 03. Apache Ant Tutorial - Creating WAR files(225)
- 04. Apache Ant Tutorial - Building Projects(183)
- 05. Apache Ant Tutorial - Property Files(168)
- 06. Apache Ant Tutorial - Property Task(182)
- 07. Apache Ant Tutorial - Data Types(175)
- 08. How to format a SD Card on Mac(176)
- 09. Apache POI PPT Tutorial - Slide Layouts(199)
- 10. Apache POI PPT Tutorial - Installation(211)
- 11. Apache POI PPT Tutorial - Java API Flavours(241)
- 12. Apache POI PPT Tutorial - Classes and Methods(535)
- 13. Apache POI PPT Tutorial - Presentation(200)
- 14. Apache Ant Tutorial - JUnit Integration(174)
- 15. Apache Ant Tutorial - Build Documentation(174)