[PS4/SUMU] What is it? Explanation what it is & does
Tutorial Name: [PS4/SUMU] What is it? Explanation what it is & does
Submitted By: tuf
What is a SAMU?
When it comes to the PlayStation 4, what holds the main encryption to the console is a separate processor named SAMU. This stands for Secure Asset/Access Management Unit. This is a really tough processor to actually hack into, and it's the real reason why we aren't seeing crazy modifications happening to the console at the moment.
until someone handles SAMU, there won't be any online (spoofing, passphrase keys, index.dat spoofing, etc), since everything is there, and won't get out. There is a lot more stuff it has inside since of course, you can just imagine it as a factory. It runs and operates a massive amount of information in there! To simplify it, a few things to understand what's in there:
Spoofing - Trick the system to allow you to go online with a modified console thinking it's running on an OFW (Official Firmware).
Passphrase Keys - Protects Private Information, and also controls operations in the PS4 that contain cryptographic systems. If we have the key, we can control this easily with patience.
Index.dat Spoofing - DevKit Debug Settings had a specific button combo to show more in-depth info about the console. That information pattern comes from index.dat.
More information about SAMU & Info about it
- 01. Street of Rage (Mod) released(237)
- 02. PS4 Save Wizard Re Region Tutorial(5,358)
- 03. Holy Grail for PS4 4.55 will not support usb hard drive back(946)
- 04. [PS4/4.05] PS4 Cheater Homebrew App to Find Game Cheat Codes(2,017)
- 05. How to update from 4.05 to 4.55 after Update Blocker payload(748)
- 06. RPCS3 can in fact run games on a PS4 running Linux.(1,396)
- 07. [PS4/4.05] PSVita Saves now online - Sharing decrypted saves(906)
- 08. How do I upload my game saves and apply downloaded ones?(3,091)
- 09. [PS4/4.05] GTA5 Mod Menu (How to install Mod Menu)(4,537)
- 10. Fix for PS4API on Netcheat(711)
- 11. How to Resign a save with Save Wizard(4,725)
- 12. [PS4/4.05] netCheat API(926)
- 13. PS4 Registry Editor(716)
- 14. How to run STEAM on PS4 Linux(2,316)
- 15. How to bypass a PS4 update[Red-EyeX32](3,627)