Apache Ant Tutorial - Environment Setup
Tutorial Name: Apache Ant Tutorial - Environment Setup
Category: PC Tutorials
Submitted By: Dopdot
Related Forum: PC Building Forum
Installing Apache Ant:
It is assumed that you have already downloaded and installed Java Development Kit (JDK) on your computer. If not, please follow the instructions here.
-Ensure that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the folder where your JDK is installed.
-Download the binaries from
-Unzip the zip file to a convenient location c:\folder. using Winzip, winRAR, 7-zip or similar tools.
-Create a new environment variable called ANT_HOME that points to the Ant installation folder, in this case c:\apache-ant-1.8.2-bin folder.
-Append the path to the Apache Ant batch file to the PATH environment variable. In our case this would be the c:\apache-ant-1.8.2-bin\bin folder.
Verifying Apache Ant Installation:
To verify the successful installation of Apache Ant on your computer, type ant on your command prompt.
You should see an output similar to
If you do not see the above output, then please verify that you have followed the installation steps properly.
This tutorial also covers integration of Ant with Eclipse IDE. Hence, if you have not installed Eclipse already, please download and install Eclipse
To install Eclipse
1. Download the latest Eclipse binaries from
2. Unzip the Eclipse binaries to a convenient location, say c:\folder
3. Run Eclipse from c:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
- 01. How To use system Recovery in Windows 10 PC(128)
- 02. How To Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Cannot Optimize Games(341)
- 03. Java Programming Tutorial 3 - Variables(966)
- 04. Java Programming Tutorial 2 - The Basics Pt. 2(809)
- 05. Java Programming Tutorial 1 - The Basics(1,228)
- 06. SLADE3 Tutorial #5 - Bookmark(792)
- 07. Windows Basics Tutorial #2 - Navigating Windows(812)
- 08. Computer Basics Tutorial #11 - Getting to Know the OS(744)
- 09. Computer Basics Tutorial #8 - Understanding Applications(667)
- 10. Apache Ant Tutorial - Introduction(658)
- 11. Apache Ant Tutorial - Creating WAR files(376)
- 12. Apache Ant Tutorial - Building Projects(667)
- 13. Apache Ant Tutorial - Property Files(293)
- 14. Apache Ant Tutorial - Property Task(614)
- 15. Computer Basics Tutorial #7 - Understanding Operating System(972)