Setup a VPN on an Xbox 360 and Xbox one Console
Tutorial Name: Setup a VPN on an Xbox 360 and Xbox one Console
Category: Xbox 360 Tutorials
Submitted By: alifaizan
There are many benefits to routing your xbox IP through a VPN connection. This ranges from utilizing exclusive American content, to hiding your IP from DDoSers, or even hiding your location from Doxers. This tutorial will show you a loophole that allows you to get around/avoid these hassles. Let us begin.
Things you need:
- WiFi Connection
Laptop with LAN port
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
This tutorial was done using IPVanish When installing these, make sure it sets you up with an American IP so you have access to American Xbox Content.
How to Setup VPN on your Xbox Console
Use Router Base Connection to Setup VPN on Xbox
One of the methods of setting up Xbox One VPN is by tunneling your service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router. Note that the setup may vary according to the router you use and the instructions provided by the VPN provider.
- Use the following steps to configure a VPN service on your router:
You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.
Open your Routers Control Panel accessible from your system control panel.
Go to the Basic Setup / Network / Basic tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings).
Enter the setup details provided by your VPN provider (username, password, gateway, subnet mask, etc.).
Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the Connection Type based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it depends).
Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.
Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.
Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
Use Your Computer to Setup VPN on Xbox
You can also configure a VPN service on your Xbox through sharing the VPN connection on your personal computer with the gaming console.
Firstly, setup a VPN connection on your computer:
- Go to Network and Sharing Center from your systems Control Panel.
Click on Setup a New Connection or Network and a wizard will appear.
Select Connect to a Workplace and click Next.
The wizard will ask how do you want to connect?- select Use my Internet Connection (VPN).
Next you will have to enter the Internet Address and Destination Name provided by your VPN provider. Enter the details and click Next.
Now enter the Username and Password of your VPN service and click Connect.
If you already have a VPN configured on your computer, use the following steps to connect it to your Xbox:
- Connect your Xbox with your PC using an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
Go to Network and Sharing Center from your systems control panel.
Click on the Change Adapter Settings on the left side bar.
Right click on your VPN connection and click Properties.
Go to the Sharing tab and check Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection option.
Click on the drop down menu below Home Networking Connection and select Local Area Network. Click Ok.
- 01. How to setup the HDPVR 2 Gam... (278)
- 02. Fallout 3 Bobble Head Locat... (1,289)
- 03. Opening the Xbox 360 Console... (782)
- 04. Advanced Warfare bomb plant... (1,207)
- 05. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel... (6,084)
- 06. Tekken Tag 2: Movie Buff (445)
- 07. Tekken Tag 2: Dance to Your... (426)
- 08. Tekken Tag 2: Bazillionaire (525)
- 09. Tekken Tag 2: Tenacious Figh... (470)
- 10. Tekken Tag 2: The Original B... (386)
- 11. Tekken Tag 2: Master of the... (501)
- 12. Tekken Tag 2: Be Still My Ir... (389)
- 13. Persona 4 Arena: The Carnivo... (381)
- 14. Persona 4 Arena: Halfway Th... (365)
- 15. Persona 4 Arena: Tres Bien! (464)