How to secure Samsung S5
Tutorial Name: How to secure Samsung S5
Category: Android Tutorials
Submitted By: BKR
So if you are reading this either you have a samsung galaxy s5 or you are just curious either way Welcome!
In this tutorial I will mostly teach you how to secure your Samsung Galaxy S5.
First off lets setup a lock on this!
I would recommend the finger print of course being that only you could unlock this device with it.
Settings > Fingerprint Scanner > Fingerprint Manager > Add New Fingerprint
Then it will ask you for a 2nd type of lock for back up in-case your finger gets cut off.
I would recommend a password over the pattern mostly because a pattern is a little easier for someone to remember if they watch you do it.
We all have heard of encryption one way or another, me personally I encrypted my entire SD Card and my Device for obvious reason.
Settings > Security >Encrypt
Last but not least I would recommend setting up a Samsung account, just like Apples Find My Phone, you can remotely wipe it from there and so much more!
Settings > User & Back Up Section > Accounts > Add Account > Select Samsung Account
Another cool feature that I find nice is if you are a female or maybe live in a ruff area is the Emergency Contact Feature, what this does is if you press the lock button 3 times quickly it will send a voice record and a picture from the cameras to up to four emergency contacts.
Settings>Safety Assistance>Send Help Messages
I personally do not use this feature but of course it may be useful to you! I hope this may help you or you enjoyed the reading any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
- 01. How to format a SD Card on Android(255)
- 02. How To Block PopUp Ads On Your Android Smartphone(313)
- 03. How To Block Unwanted Calls On An HTC Hero Smartphone(135)
- 04. Brave Frontier Achievements (Android)(213)
- 05. Beach Buggy Racing Achievements (Android)(540)
- 06. Candy Crush Saga - How to get Unlimited Lifes(225)
- 07. Angry Birds - How to get the Golden Football(144)
- 08. Angry Birds - How to get Unlimited Mighty Eagle(278)
- 09. How to install a custom ROM using CWM(2,672)
- 10. Mod Flappy Bird for Android(914)
- 11. How to root a Samsung Galaxy S2 (4.1.1 and 4.1.2)(3,223)
- 12. How to fix Google Play store No connection error message(13,152)
- 13. How to root a Samsung Galaxy S4(1,354)
- 14. How To Mod Flappy Birds |Android|(2,817)
- 15. How To: Get Flappy Bird On Android (After Being Removed)(1,669)