How to root a Samsung Galaxy S2 (4.1.1 and 4.1.2)
Tutorial Name: How to root a Samsung Galaxy S2 (4.1.1 and 4.1.2)
Category: Mobile Devices
Submitted By: NinjaUK
Related Forum: Mobile Devices
1. Turn off your phone. Then, hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power. Continue holding until you see a warning screen (about 3 seconds).
2. Hit Volume Up. Then, connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer.
3. Download the Jeboo Kernel and ODIN package. Unzip the ODIN files, but leave the kernel file as a .tar.
Jeboo Kernal -
Odin Package -
4. Double click ODIN3v1.85.exe. This will run the program. You should then see a yellow highlighted box with COM and a number in it.
5. Hit the "PDA" button. This should be in the checklist below the start button.
6. Choose the Jeboo Kernel.tar file you just downloaded.
7. Hit "Start." The kernel should start flashing. Wait until you see the word "PASS!", then let your Galaxy S2 restart.
8. Download Superuser Zip file. If you can, download it straight to your phone. Otherwise, you can copy it over from your computer.
9. Turn off your phone. Hold Volume Up, Center Home, and Power until your phone goes into CWM Recovery (about 20 seconds).
10. Choose "Install Zip." It should be the second option on the list.
11. Click "Choose zip from Internal sdcard." If you're transferring the zip over from your computer, choose "Choose zip from sdcard."
12. Find the Superuser file. You'll most likely find it in your downloads folder.
13. Choose "CWM-SuperSU-v0.00.zip". This will install su binary and Superuser to your galaxy S2.
14. Confirm by clicking "Yes" when prompted.
15. Reboot. You'll find an app called SuperSU. The first time you use it, you'll have to grant permission via a popup window. Then, you'll be good to go. Enjoy your newly rooted phone!
Hope you got it to work, and if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM :arrow:
- 01. How to Use Find my iPhone to Track Your iPhone, iPad, Mac(373)
- 02. Hardware History: The PSP Phone Confirmed (2010)(218)
- 03. How to Remove Your Number from Truecaller(326)
- 04. How to Check Validity of SHSH2 Blobs in 4 Easy Steps(787)
- 05. Electra jailbreak finally released to the public!(657)
- 06. How to format a SD Card on Android(369)
- 07. How To Block PopUp Ads On Your Android Smartphone(536)
- 08. How To Block Unwanted Calls On An HTC Hero Smartphone(226)
- 09. Brave Frontier Achievements (Android)(313)
- 10. Beach Buggy Racing Achievements (Android)(961)
- 11. Candy Crush Saga - How to get Unlimited Lifes(354)
- 12. Angry Birds - How to get the Golden Football(211)
- 13. Angry Birds - How to get Unlimited Mighty Eagle(539)
- 14. Adding SNES Roms to your SNES Mini(854)
- 15. Installation Windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi 3(1,186)