Using Multiple-User Profiles on PS4
Tutorial Name: Using Multiple-User Profiles on PS4
Category: PlayStation 4 Tutorials
Submitted By: Johnus
Related Forum: PlayStation Forum
Creating a User Profile on PS4
You can permanently store your user details on the PS4, or use the system as a Guest. Guest account data is deleted upon logout.
- Select the [New User] option when you start up the console. If you are already logged in to the system, log out of that profile by selecting [Power] and then [Log Out of PS4] to access the [New User] option.
On the next screen, youll have 2 options:
Select [Create a User] in order to create a new permanent, Master-level profile. Detailed instructions on Master account creation can be found here.
Select [Play as a Guest] in order to create a temporary profile. On the next screen, you can also choose [Yes] in order to sign-in to PSN. Any Trophies earned during your play session can be recorded while playing as a Guest signed in to PSN.
If you wish to create a new sub-account, youll need to do so via Parental Controls on an existing Master account. Read this article for full details.
Any non-Guest user profile who activates that PS4 as their Primary console will then automatically share applications with all players who use the same PS4.
Security With Multiple-Users
Multiple users on a PS4 console may require additional management. In order to manage profile access on a multi-user machine, please follow these best practices:
- Ensure that your account is not set up for automatic login on the PS4. Check [Settings] > [Login Settings] and make sure that the setting is off. The last user who turns this option on in their profile will have their account automatically load when the system is switched on.
Set a passcode for your profile. Go to [Settings] > [Login Settings] > [Passcode Management] and choose a unique code. Please note that youll need to enter any existing passcode in order to make changes.
To make changes to a profiles PSN settings always requires the accounts PSN password. Never share your PSN password with anyone else.
- 01. DIVINITY OS 2 - Complete Stealth Guide(379)
- 02. AGENTS OF MAYHEM - Braddock Tutorial (How to play Braddock)(357)
- 03. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - How to open Skull Marked Doors(413)
- 04. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Darling Bow Location(522)
- 05. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Spear of Braccus Rex Location(399)
- 06. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Every Mother's Nightmare Quest(346)
- 07. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Imprisoned Elf Quest Walkthrough(259)
- 08. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - How to get Curious & Ornate Chest(709)
- 09. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Murderous Gheist Quest Walkthrough(1,414)
- 10. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Party & Character Creation Guide(331)
- 11. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - 3 Ways to escape (enter) Fort Joy(254)
- 12. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Lord Withermoore's Soul Jar Quest(268)
- 13. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Save Birdie Hidden Quest(948)
- 14. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - Important Recipes(266)
- 15. DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 - All Companions Locations(209)