Ultimate Xbox One Teardown
Tutorial Name: Ultimate Xbox One Teardown
Category: Xbox One Tutorials
Submitted By: Disc
Related Forum: Xbox Forum
This is a step by step guide on how to strip your XBOX ONE down to all of its individual parts. It's surprisingly easy and much easier than the 360 was (which wasn't THAT difficult anyway)
The Xecuter Unlock Kit v3 should work fine with this which includes the XCLAMP Unlock Tool & Clip Slider
You just need a Torx 9 Screwdriver (Unlock kit comes with T8 and T10)
O Power Inlet
O HDMI Out (left) and HDMI In (right)
O Digital Optical Audio Out
O Two USB 3.0 Ports
O Kinect Port
O Infrared Output and Ethernet Port
You can use the XCLMAP Unlock Tool to remove these rubber pads.
Side panel clips are very similar to the 360 Slim. You can use the XCLAMP Unlock Tool for this.
Rear panel clips are very similar to the 360 Slim
Use a Torx 9 to remove the Wifi board
Wifi Board IC's
Marvell Avastar 88W8897 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi Combination Radio Chip Supports 802.11ac, NFC, Bluetooth and Wireless Display
Marvell Avastar 88W8782U WLAN SOC w/USB 2.0 Interface Support
There are 8 x 64mm Torx 9 screws to remove.
Liteon DG-6M1S Blu-Ray Drive
The underside of the Blu-Ray drive is a couple of IC's and a large ribbon cable:
Microsoft MS0DDDSPB1 1326-BTSL ATNGS501
Texas Instruments 37T AVY7
Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST500LM012 500 GB 5400 RPM with 8MB Cache SATA II 3.0Gb/s hard drive.
Newegg seems to have favorable reviews of this drive.
The RF Module board detaches outward from the lower case.
The back of the RF Module board features one lone IC from Info Storage Devices labeled 9160F1MS03 1327 2317B057. We believe this is an Audio User Interface chip from Nuvoton.
I recommend you use the Xecuter XCLAMP Unlock Tool for this
I am happy to report that, should your new Xbox One have cooling issues, replacing the fan or heat sink is easy.
All it takes is the simple flick of a spudger to separate the 112 mm diameter fan from the heat sink.
O X887732-001 DG3001FEG84HR (includes AMD "Jaguar" 8-core CPU + AMD Radeon Graphics GPU)
O SK Hynix H5TQ4G63AFB 4 Gb (512 MB) DDR3 SDRAM (total of 16 x 512 MB = 8 GB)
O X861949-005 T6WD5XBG-0003
O SK Hynix H26M42003GMR 8 GB eMMC NAND Flash
O ON Semiconductor NCP4204 GAC1328G Integrated Power Control IC
O Realtek RTL 8151GNM Ethernet Controller
O Texas Instruments TPS2590 3-V to 20-V High Current Load Switch
Credit to Xecuter!
- 01. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Black Diamond(96)
- 02. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Turistas(58)
- 03. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Red Dawn(62)
- 04. A Plague Tale: Innocence: The hard way(65)
- 05. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Knock-knock(67)
- 06. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Unnecessary Roughness(53)
- 07. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Ten plus foot-mobiles(54)
- 08. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Pit Boss(54)
- 09. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Off the Grid(59)
- 10. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Queen takes Rook(53)
- 11. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Homecoming(312)
- 12. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - Ends Justify the Means(90)
- 13. A Walk in the Dark: Got them all!(57)
- 14. A Walk in the Dark: You monster!(67)
- 15. A Plague Tale: Innocence: The Blacksmith(55)