It appears the FBI has been operating a long running case against a group of hackers specializing in companies involved with the Xbox gaming platform. The series of indictments against the three men lead us to believe that their criminal ventures dealt primarily with Microsoft and their top tier game development partners. At this time it appears there are still two unknown perpetrators within the group still at large, the FBI held off at least eight months before serving the current trios arrest warrants for reasons still unknown. It may have been due to "Person A", as described in the documents as an informant, has been actively colluding with federal authorities in efforts to glean even more information from the group.
The FBI has served arrest warrants on Sanadodeh Nesheiwat(left) and Nathan Leroux(right) involving 15 felony charges ranging from computer hacking to stealing trade secrets; a third perpetrator known as David Pokora is still MIA.
Full List of charges against the accused:
- One count of Conspiracy
- One count of Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud
- Four counts of Wire Fraud
- One count of Conspiracy to Commit Theft of Trade Secrets
- Three counts of Unauthorized Computer Access
- Two counts of Criminal Copyright Infringement
- One count of Conspiracy to Commit Mail Fraud
- One count of Attempted Mail Fraud
- One count of Conspiracy to Commit Identity Theft
- One count of Aggravated Identity Theft
The two unknown parties according to the FBI are a man from North Carolina and a Australian teenager we believe to be SuperDAE who we previously reported on here. The indictment document can be viewed here via "The Smoking Gun" who first broke the story.
Related Forum: PC General Forum