Miramar has of course been in testing for a while, and PUBG players on Xbox One have been trying out different iterations of the map over the past few weeks, but it’s now ready for a wider rollout.
At midnight PDT, 3am ET today and 8am BST on May 24, the game’s May patch will be released. Outside of the map itself, the update comes with another batch of performance optimisations.
Thanks to a new “predictive-based loading system”, map loading should be faster and more optimised. This should eliminate cases where players land before buildings have loaded in, which causes players to get stuck on objects that have yet to load.
PUBG Corp. said that system will be more effective as time goes on, and the more “data is accumulated”. During testing, around 1,500 bugs were reported, and the developer used this data to not only make the May patch bug-free, but also improve future patches.
Finally, the May update adds many features PC players have had for a while, such as improved scope rendering, the emote system, and the general UI updates in the lobby and main menu.
Optimisation and stabilisation
- Both Miramar and Erangel have significantly improved overall game performance on the Xbox One/S/X and stability has also been improved.
- Optimisation and stabilisation is still the dev team’s top priority. Our goal is to deliver constant improvements.
- The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
- The world loading process has been optimized, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time.
- The handling of resources for unseen nearby characters’ movements has been optimized to improve performance of the game.
- Handling resources of equipping and unequipping items of unseen nearby characters have been optimized to improve performance during the early game and to reduce the likelihood of crashes
- Character inventory loading has been optimized, improving response time when opening inventory and reducing crashing.
- Unoccupied vehicles/boats have been optimized to increase the overall performance of the game.
- Emotes have been added. Emote UI will show up if you press the LB+RB buttons at the same time. Choose an emote with the right analog stick and press down with the R stick to use the selected emote.
- Scopes have been changed to be more realistic
- Expanded all scopes’ field of view
- Added a parallax effect when moving weapons quickly while ADS
- Added vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction), and a distortion effect on the edge of scopes
- Aim acceleration can now be turned off in settings.
- Setting menu has been specially improved for Xbox platform.
- Colorblind mode and other modes that could help the gameplay have been added.
- We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters when dealing non-lethal damage (if players are killed by a grenade, they’ll still be knocked back)
- Added new grenade hit effects and animations
- ‘Key legends’ function has been added for gameplay controls. It can be turned off in settings.
- Lobby loading screen is now more clean.
- Matchmaking can be started in the PLAY menu after selecting the game mode.
- Map selection will be added soon
- Matchmaking UI has been improved, allowing more pleasant entrance into the game.
- REWARDS menu has been changed to STORE menu.
- Go to CRATES in STORE menu to get crates.
- Go to MY ITEMS in STORE menu to open the crates you obtained.
- Game option settings can now be popped up.
- Leaderboard display method has been modified, allowing users below certain ranks to see their ranks in percentage.
- Lobby UI overall has been improved.
- Fixed an issue causing punching to slow down movement while sprinting
- In spectator mode, water sounds sometimes inappropriately continued after changing perspective. This has now been fixed
- When preparing to throw grenades, the projection visualization no longer inappropriately penetrates through objects
- You can now freelook while automatically swimming forward in water
- Sights should no longer become blocked while in ADS position after attaching high-magnification scopes
- Fixed an issue preventing some teammates’ map markers from showing on the compass
- Fixed some problems preventing interacting pop-ups from functioning properly in certain situations
- Fixed the problem preventing players from changing seats in vehicles
- Fixed the problem wherein turning off BGM in the lobby setting window didn’t work
- There was a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in a leaning position (caused by going prone while leaning). This is now fixed.
Related Forum: Gaming Discussion