Most of the changes made to the game are bug fixes, but a number of adjustments tweak operational game features for general quality-of-life improvements. One improvement change to vehicles has all parts become fixed once the vehicle is fully repaired- certain vehicles could previously be at full health with damaged parts- and another change stops victims of melee takedowns from dealing damage to their attacker while on the way to their death.
The CTE update’s patch notes can be found below.
- Fixed issue where Conquest control bonus points were rewarded in other games modes than Conquest.
- When ever the player count would drop below 75% of the required player count to get out of pre-round for Operations, the operation state would revert to “waiting.”
Developer comment: This affects match-making. The desire is to instead only revert to the waiting state if the operation is in preround (which happens when a new map begins and the player count has dropped to less than what is required to exit pre-round) and the player counts drops once again under 75%.
Weapons and Combat
- You can no longer deal damage as a melee victim.
- Added blur around the Selbstlader 1906 Sniper’s scope when aiming.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed AT Mines to be placed on vehicles.
- Ammo pouch speeds up grenade resupply if player stands close to it.
- Fixed low resolution texture on Chauchat rear iron sight.
- Corrected aiming controller settings for the Benet Mercie Optical when using 1.5x zoom. It was using iron sights settings, it will now use optical settings like the other zoom levels.
- Fixed an issue where self repair would activate without input upon entering a driver seat after leaving that seat mid repair cycle.
- All tank and plane parts are now fixed automatically upon the vehicle reaching full health. This prevents the confusing situation of having a healthy vehicle with broken parts.
Amiens and Argonne Forest
- Extended collision to fix exploits that allowed people to get on top of buildings.
- Fixed a few out-of-bounds spawns in Operations.
- Adjusted the combat area and capture area for the flag in the last sector to improve the balance.
- Higher likelihood for more weather variation.
- Adjusted HQ spawns for both teams for Conquest.
Bug Fixes and UI
- Fixed vehicle skin descriptions not showing up in the vehicle customization screen.
- Fixed rainsounds playing when it’s not raining.
- Fixed an issue where outdoor reverbs were not fully faded in when transitioning from indoor to outdoor.
- Fixed bug where rain audio would be heard in bunkers when impaired weather state was set.
- Fixed a bug where shells of the BL9 artillery on Rupture in the Rush gamemode would be blocked if fired after the attackers had advanced past the second sector.
- Fixed issue where squad info was not properly sent to spectators.
- Spectator Mode: Camera Filters and Depth of Field settings can now be used while in Player View mode (1st person, 3rd person, and director cameras).
- Player HUD is now active during Pre-round.
Related Forum: Gaming Discussion