Bohemia Interactive has officially released the Arma 3 Jets DLC that it has been promising. Alongside that, we got an official launch trailer for the additional content, as well as a little breakdown of free update 1.70.
Update 1.70 features new content for Arma 3 to accompany the release of the Jets DLC, but it is free to all who own Arma 3. Here are a few of the highlights for the content that this update will provide.
- Sensor Overhaul – A new radar interface for targeting guided weapons, powered by advanced Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology.
- Extended Hitpoints – The damage model of fixed-wing aircraft has been upgraded to the level of detail of other vehicle classes in Arma 3.
- Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts – Players can now customize their vehicle’s armament. In the case of jets, this means you can choose what kind of ordnance each pylon carries.
- Other Improvements – Various audio enhancements, tweaked controls, several new scripted solutions such as ejection seat emergency procedures, and more.
- Aircraft Carrier “USS Freedom” (CVN-83) – A nuclear-powered aircraft supercarrier which can carry various aircraft, and supports catapult take-offs and tailhook landings. The aircraft carrier is a static in-game object that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor, but cannot be ‘driven’.
- Surface-to-Air Weapon Systems – The USS Freedom is outfitted with 3 autonomous defensive weapon systems: Praetorian 1C AAA, Mk-49 Spartan SAM, and Mk-21 Centurion SAM.
Currently, Arma 3 Jets is available for purchase on the Bohemia Store and on Steam for $11.99. Below is the launch trailer for the brand new content.
Related Forum: PC Gaming Forum