The previous list of planned changes for the shooter were centered around solider and vehicle movement, but now the game’s core combat is getting scrutinized. Banner changes include a reduction to aim assist on consoles, less spread, more recoil, and a tweak to flinching that should make it easier to land consecutive headshots.
Here’s a rundown of all the tweaks, straight from DICE:
Aim assist on console
- Slight overall tone down.
- Specific tone down when snapping to target on weapons such as single action rifles (snipers) and slug shotguns.
- Reduce the muzzle smoke visible when firing some weapons.
First and Third Person flinch
- Reduce the flinching animation on head hits that prevents the player from landing a second headshot.
Recoil and spread
- Globally reduce the spread increase penalties when firing.
- Globally increase the recoil increase penalties when firing.
Third Person in Tanks
- Lower the FOV/proximity of camera. Give an accuracy penalty when in 3rd person view.
- Increase damage against Elite kits.
AT Rocket Gun
- Currently feels too clunky, needs consistency.
- Reduce damage AOE so that it matches the visual effect better.
- Distinguish friendly and enemy flare guns thrown and active in the world.
- Takedown angle snap and Lock-on: Reduce the angle so that the player needs to have his crosshair more accurately aiming at the target to trigger a melee animation.
- Front melee: Prevent the player from triggering a takedown when performing a front melee.
- Longer wind-up time before entering the takedown phase.
- Allow player to bind bayonet charge to a different key to separate normal melee from bayonet charge
DICE will continue to investigate other areas of the game detailed in the Initiative’s reveal, starting with a test of the game’s suppression and destruction mechanics. Currently, no Roots Initiative changes are active in the game, but the adjustments detailed thus far are expected roll out in the next Community Test Environment update, to be followed up by full-game implementation.
Related Forum: Gaming Discussion