The previous preview update available to Insider Program members didn't include any new features, just fixes. Fortunately, the latest update is making up for that with a couple of new features, including Beam and the new Achievement Tracker.
This update should give users a taste having the Beam app installed on the Xbox One by default and control the transparency level of achievements. There is something to note about this update, however, it will only be available to a "subset" of Preview Ring 3 Insiders and will roll out to the rest of users enrolled in Preview Ring 3 in a few weeks.
This update does not bring any fixes.
DETAILS OS version released: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170308-1900
- Beam is an innovative and interactive livestreaming service that gives viewers the ability to watch and deeply interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time, and you can now access Beam from the Guide on Xbox One!
- You can read more about getting started with Beam in this post in the 1703 Preview Announcements forum.
- The Beam app is now installed by default on Xbox One! To get started with the Beam app, navigate to My games & apps and search for Beam. Please use the Beam app and let us know if you encounter any issues via Report a problem.
- You can now enable automatic updates independently from your console’s power mode (Instant-On or Energy-saving). To enable automatic updates, navigate to the new updates interface in Settings > System > Updates.
- Consoles in Energy-saving Mode will download any available updates at shut down. For consoles in Instant-On mode, the experience remains the same.
- You can now control the transparency level and number of achievements in the achievement tracker.
- Party chat will stop functioning when headset audio is switched from Stereo Uncompressed to Windows Sonic while in a party.
- Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home
Related Forum: Xbox Forum