As the subject line says, I'm a first timer but definitly don't see a last in my future whatsoever! I already have have a build with parts that I'm sure most would laugh at, but its a first build, so please leave sarcasm at the door. It's not super ancient but I would assume it's somewhere between low-mid range based on my starting components.
Below is what I already have along with the specs of course. I currently use Amazon and Newegg to order stuff but if you know of any similar shops that'd be great as well. Also, what parts are safe to buy "refurbished" or "used", and what I might want to make sure is new. I would totally use a "pc builder" but the most important info missing from it is trial and error (build irritations, lol you mad bro?!?). Anyways, it will be good practice for me because taking the Comptia A+ exam is in my near future (please inbox me if you have it already, I just have a couple non-personal questions to ask). Any help is appreciated!
Case : Aerocool Cylon RGB Mid Tower
- 346-371mm GPU Clearance
- 155 mm CPU Cooler Clearance
- 2x 3.5" Bays (cross comp)
- 5(max) 2x 2.5" Bays and 3 cross comp
- ATX PSU
- Front Panel 120mm x3
- Top 120mm x1
- Rear 120mm x1
- Supports VGA Fan 120mm x2 (Which I assume is just below the main board, directly above the PSU)
- Side Note: The manual is overwhelmingly vague but I have a pretty good idea of how I want to install everything.
Mainboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD
- Supports up to 6th Gen i7 on socket 1151
- DDR4 @2133MHz 32 GB Max Dual Channel w/ 2 DIMM Slots
- Gen 3 PCI-E x16 (DX12 Support) & 2x Gen 2 PCI-E x1
- 4x SATA3 Ports
- 2x 4-pin CPU/sys fan connectors
- 2x Front Panel Connectors 1x Audio
- 1x Serial Port/TPM/Chasis Intrusion/CMOS Jumper
What I Have
- 6th Gen intel i5 @3.2 GHz (from an Optiplex 3050 SFF on Arch Linux)
- 256 GB Intel SSD/500 GB HGST HDD
- Thermaltake RGB 750W Gold
- x1 Aerocool 120mm Fan included w/ case
- 2x 16GB Viper DDR4 Sticks
- The Mainboard above
What I Want
- GPU w/ DDR3 @4GB (Not planning on playing resource heavy games, so its enough for my emulators and TES Games to run smoothly)
- Radiator of some sorts (Preferrably x2/3 w/RGB)
- Bigger SSD to replace HDD
- 2 extra 120mm fans (RGB)
The daunting task of trying to find a review with a similar build was not enjoyable. Not to mention the hopelessness from uncompatible letdowns, because go figure, while making this post I'm pretty sure the board I get in 2 days doesn't even have RGB headers (unless I'm wrong, RIP). *panically asks* Any way I can run that off an Arduino chip or something? Idk...
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE EVERYONE I APPRECIATE IT! Cheers!