Car ForumWheel spacers ?
Posted:

Car ForumWheel spacers ?Posted:

Antiglio
  • Resident Elite
Reputation Power: 16
I have a 01 Tahoe with 12 wides I want to put spacers on nothing bigger then 2 inches and I've heard people say bad things about spacers what's y'all's opinion??
#2. Posted:
ADPT
  • Blind Luck
Reputation Power: 42
Motto: Is it plugged in?
Reputation Power: 42
Antiglio wrote I have a 01 Tahoe with 12 wides I want to put spacers on nothing bigger then 2 inches and I've heard people say bad things about spacers what's y'all's opinion??

Would always advise spending the moolaa. Better be safe than sorry.
#3. Posted:
Moonshine
  • Blind Elite
Reputation Power: 20910
Motto: R3DN3CK MODZ | OLD TIME MODDER | xbOnline | Matrix Mods | Destruction v1 | chaotic 360 | Apparition NET | If you need any help then just pm me
Motto: R3DN3CK MODZ | OLD TIME MODDER | xbOnline | Matrix Mods | Destruction v1 | chaotic 360 | Apparition NET | If you need any help then just pm me
Reputation Power: 20910
Usually everyone that has bad things to say about wheel spacers have either installed them without torquing them properly or they bought cheap spacers. Buy wheel spacers that are hub centric.
I think far from stock is one company that has good spacers. Might want to check on prices because you might be better of selling your current setup to buy 14 wides. Unless you like the 12 wides and just want a wider stance.

Also check out whistlindiesel on YouTube. He stacked wheel spacers before and he always had good luck with them. Lol
#4. Posted:
Antiglio
  • Resident Elite
Moonshine wrote Usually everyone that has bad things to say about wheel spacers have either installed them without torquing them properly or they bought cheap spacers. Buy wheel spacers that are hub centric.
I think far from stock is one company that has good spacers. Might want to check on prices because you might be better of selling your current setup to buy 14 wides. Unless you like the 12 wides and just want a wider stance.

Also check out whistlindiesel on YouTube. He stacked wheel spacers before and he always had good luck with them. Lol

Alright thank you. I don't know how wd hasn't had issues in his videos with spacers lmfao crazy
#5. Posted:
  • TTG Fanatic
Reputation Power: 365
Reputation Power: 365
I will never do spacers again personally. There's too much that can go wrong and when it does it costs a heck of a lot more than just buying new wheels. I needed a new wheel, fender, lower control arm, rotor, and lower ball joint when one of my spacers called it quits. I got lucky and the tire just ended up in the bushes, not in someone's house or car / face.

There's always the talk of like what was said above in that well a lot of people have good luck with them. My spacers were Bora hub centric spacers, used Loctite and torqued them to factory specs but it still fell off. I know if you're running 12 wides you have a little extra money from time to time and can afford either 14 wides or 12 wides with more offset lol.
#6. Posted:
Disc
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 2790
Motto: Old timer round these parts. Eminem stan
Reputation Power: 2790
bolt on spacers are just fine aslong as their hub centric. torque them corectly.

they do however put som eextra stress on your wheel bearings but nothing too crazy