PC SupportNEED HELP diagnosing pcPosted:

Fumble
  • Winter 2017
Reputation Power: 653
PC seems to hard freeze/lag mouse/ programs unresponsive after certain amount of time, ive tried everything from closing all background apps from running and optimizing the pc to updating drivers etc. but nothing has helped? What could be a possible problem? bad OS? not sure what to do please help
#2. Posted:
Cobatine
  • Arcade King
Reputation Power: 63
Motto: Treat others the way you wanna be treated. Friendly vibes only:) You can always shoot m a PM and add my Discord: Cobatine #6144 to join the growing community :)
are you talking about mouse lagging only? and have you tried using a wired mouse? you might have to update your drivers
#3. Posted:
Fumble
  • Summer 2019
Cobatine wroteare you talking about mouse lagging only? and have you tried using a wired mouse? you might have to update your drivers

no mouse works fine but after a certain amount of time of use the mouse freezes/lags and stuff becomes unresponsive and very slow altogether!
#4. Posted:
Cobatine
  • Arcade King
Motto: Treat others the way you wanna be treated. Friendly vibes only:) You can always shoot m a PM and add my Discord: Cobatine #6144 to join the growing community :)
-try doing some windows updates
-try physically cleaning ur pc (dust or wtv)
-get a good PAID antivirus and run full and quick scans for viruses
-get a cleaning software such as ccleaner to get rid of unnecessary files
-check if your CPU or GPU is overheating, a good tool i used was QuickCPU to see temperature and usage on my cpus
#5. Posted:
Fumble
  • Christmas!
Cobatine wrote-try doing some windows updates
-check if your CPU or GPU is overheating, a good tool i used was QuickCPU to see temperature and usage on my cpus

done pretty much all of that already, i ended up deleting norton antivirus off my computer because i didnt use it anymore and it seems to have gone back to normal speed so far, will keep you updated! i guess norton likes slowing pcs down
#6. Posted:
Cobatine
  • Arcade King
Fumble wrote
Cobatine wrote-try doing some windows updates

done pretty much all of that already, i ended up deleting norton antivirus off my computer because i didnt use it anymore and it seems to have gone back to normal speed so far, will keep you updated! i guess norton likes slowing pcs down

yeah, some VPNs tend to slow down pc performance too. You can still use a vpn but i would suggest changing the protocol and the location of your vpn.

change from TCP to: UDP internet protocol.

#7. Posted:
Adam
  • Ninja
Reputation Power: 16280
Motto: Hey! I think I've seen you before. Maybe we should go out for a drink?
Open up task manager and see what's using your resources.

Once you've worked that out, you can put plans in place to solve your issues ie -

If you're running out of memory - Buy more memory