Hi, I'm planning on doing my first PC build around December, I came up with something around 2k4-2k5 USD (a bit more expensive in Sweden where I'm currently living) and it seems pretty good to me. But I am a total newbie in PC building and though I tried to find videos, guides, benchmarks and others, I still have a few questions.
But first here's my build: Link to PcPartPicker
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Nitro+
MOBO: MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk WIFI ATX AM4 (I'll need the wifi)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
SSD: Corsair Force MP 600 1TB
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda Compute 2TB 7200rpm 256MB
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Fans: 6x Corsair LL120 63 CFM (120mm)
PSU: Corsair RMx White V2 750W (80+ Gold)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX
OS: Windows 10 Pro
To put it simply, I'm a developer, more precisely a web developer. So I'm not a game developer nor am I gonna do crazy 3D stuff that's gonna eat my CPU alive in two minutes, but the PC should still be able to handle a bunch of servers/containers, compiling loads of code and other things of this kind at the same time, and I'm going to do some 1440p gaming, no streaming.
So 16GB of RAM is not enough right now, CPU-wise I think that 3900X should be fine (I'll code on IntelliJ, dev + test instances running at the same time (4GB of RAM each minimum), should be able to run several browsers at the same time + some other more basic stuff). GPU wise, I want to be able to play the latest games in 1440p, so I'm waiting to see what AMD is gonna pull out their sleeve before making a decision on RTX/Big Navi/5700XT.
I want the build to not exceed the actual price by more than let's say 250USD, regarding your suggestions. No need for screens, mouse, keyboard, headset
Also, I tried to get some white-colored components, but I don't mind if not everything is full-white (get a look at the case, a mix of B&W seems OK to me). I don't want to have the best looking PC if I have to pay more/give up on performances.
1. I was thinking about going for a Zen 3 CPU, i.e. 5900X, would it be worth it? I don't mind the +50 dollars compared to 3900X.
2. If Big Navi is not worth it, should I go for RTX 3080 or 3070? I don't need to go full Ultra/Badass though I still want some good eye-candy/FPS ratio but not empty my bank account, worse case scenario I'll upgarde 1-2 years later.
3. I'm not sold on water-cooling (people I know had leaking damages and air cooling seems to not be that bad at all + I don't mind that much how it looks inside the case) and I've been told that this Noctua cooler is quite good. Looks like it fits the case and there's enough RAM clearance, but is that really a good option for air cooling and given this build? Or should I absolutely go for water-cooling?
4. With this case, I get 3x140mm Dynamic X2 fans that are not that great (1000rpm if I recall). I plan on keeping them, so the final fan setup I plan to have is: 3x120mm intake in front, 3x120mm exhaust top of the case, 2x140mm intake bottom and 1x140mm exhaust on the back. Is that any good or do you have any suggestion to improve the airflow?
5. Do you have any other suggestion?
Thx for reading and thx in advance for your kind answers!