AdviceBuild PC now or wait?Posted:

Ellipses
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 50
Hey, I was wondering if I should build a PC now or wait for new GPU's to drop but im not too sure if they'll release gpu's around the 5-6 hundred dollar mark. My budget is around $1350 for gaming / streaming / school work. Any help would be appreciated!
#2. Posted:
Mike-
  • Summer 2019
Reputation Power: 547
Motto: | Road to 1K +Rep | Help me Get there boys
There is only the now so do it !!! Lol
#3. Posted:
Dan-
  • PC Master Race
Reputation Power: 1926
It's rumoured that Nvidia's upcoming GPU's are going to be pricey, I expect their mid range to also be pricey. You could wait and see what AMD are doing with GPU's because they have got some coming out at some point.
#4. Posted:
Arctism
  • Powerhouse
Reputation Power: 55
I'd wait. Nvidia's Ampere gpus are going to be a huge improvement over their current 2000 series
#5. Posted:
Reputation Power: 2781
Arctism wroteNvidia's Ampere gpus are going to be a huge improvement over their current 2000 series

You don't know that.

Dan- wroteIt's rumoured that Nvidia's upcoming GPU's are going to be pricey

Meh, they already are. Turing is already god awful value. IMO, honestly, Ampere is probably still going to be over-priced, but better value than Turing in hopes that those 3080's will fly off shelves @ $800(lol RIP).

OP - No one can tell you to wait or not, it's entirely up to you. With Ampere being so close now, I would personally just wait for that, at least.