Car ForumIs an egr valve delete worth it?Posted:

Mary
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 375
Motto: in the cut like peroxide
I have an EGR delete on my KA24DE but I wont pass emissions. I guess I don't mind hot smogging but is it worth it to keep the engine cooler?
#2. Posted:
CtrlAltDelete
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 368
Motto: I'm to drunk to taste this chicken - Colonel Sanders
Egr delete is always worth it. Lower egts and keeping recycled junk coming back into the engine. Oh and you'll pick up more mpg. I can't help you with the emissions because where I live we don't have vehicle inspections.
#3. Posted:
Mary
  • Blind Luck
iRezzza wroteEgr delete is always worth it. Lower egts and keeping recycled junk coming back into the engine. Oh and you'll pick up more mpg. I can't help you with the emissions because where I live we don't have vehicle inspections.

Is the mpg gain actually noticeable or is it just a half mile or two extra to the gallon? I know engine size matters but it's a 2.4L in-line 4.
#4. Posted:
Hanceia
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 3
It depends on what car really, my old car had an EGR delete and had a straight through exhaust (Car was fitted with 2 cats) and would pass the emissions still somehow. I did the EGR delete to stop the crap coming back through the engine again and for the slight horsepower gain you get. It did improve my MPG by roughly 5-6 and did make a noticable improvement on acceleration for me.

Last edited by Hanceia ; edited 1 time in total
#5. Posted:
Mary
  • Gold Member
Hanceia wroteIt depends on what car really, my old car had an EGR delete and had a straight through exhaust (Car was fitted with 2 cats) and would pass the emissions still somehow. I did the EGR delete to stop the crap coming back through the engine again and for the slight horsepower gain you get. It did improve my MPG by roughly 5-6 and did make a noticable improvement on acceleration for me.

ok that's actually worth it. thank you <3
#6. Posted:
Disc
  • Blind Luck
Reputation Power: 1695
Motto: Old timer round these parts. Eminem stan
worth it, and thats why i love living in arizona, no smog
#7. Posted:
CtrlAltDelete
  • Shoutbox Hero
Reputation Power: 368
Motto: I'm to drunk to taste this chicken - Colonel Sanders
Mary wrote
iRezzza wroteEgr delete is always worth it. Lower egts and keeping recycled junk coming back into the engine. Oh and you'll pick up more mpg. I can't help you with the emissions because where I live we don't have vehicle inspections.

Is the mpg gain actually noticeable or is it just a half mile or two extra to the gallon? I know engine size matters but it's a 2.4L in-line 4.

Sorry just seen this yes of course. usually about 3-5 mpg and horsepower to come with it. Highly recommend you doing this
#8. Posted:
JZX
  • Summer 2019
Reputation Power: 190
Emissions will probably be mostly unaffected. Infact, when they go wrong a lot of people find that they're more expensive to replace and it's cheaper to get rid of them, along with the DPF if your vehicle has one.