Anyone plays Crowfall or follows its development? It's a fantasy medieval MMO being developed by J Todd Coleman (Shadowbane, Wizard101, Pirate101) and Gordon Walton (Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Sims Online). They have amassed more than $37M to realize their vision, and 360,000 users have joined the adventure so far.
What's different in Crowfall:
- City building: every player can build their own city in the Eternal Kingdoms
- The focus on strategy elements: caravans, territory conquest, crafting, fortifications, politics, war
- Unique and temporary worlds: procedurally generated maps that "end" when victory conditions are met
- Different ways to win: through Glory (quests from the gods), Power (PvP and sieging), and Wealth (crafting and building)
- Seasons and day/night cycle: every world is dynamic and shows the passage of time
Beta is expected to begin this year and it's free to anyone who registers an account.
Here's a video showing the game: