BuyingBest High-end Headphones?Posted:

oge_twitch
Reputation Power: 2
I'm looking to buy some new headphones for my computer. I already have a Blue Yeti Microphone so I don't need one with a microphone on it. I was looking thinking the Sony WH1000XM3 but thought that maybe the noise cancellation would mess up my speech since it might be a little hard to hear myself in them. I'm looking for something closed back because I do need a good bit of noise cancelling, though.
A friend recommended the Audio Technica ATH M50x but I looked at a review and it said they clamp mildly hard and can cause discomfort after long use. I use my computer atleast 3 hours a day, sometimes the entire day. I thank all of you for your time reading this and for your feedback!
#2. Posted:
Adam
Reputation Power: 11244
Motto: Never get too comfortable
Reviewing audio equipment is hard because it's all about personal preference and everyone has a different point of reference to compare with. This plus the fact that everyone hears differently makes for it being really hard to make a solid buy just by reading online reviews.

My tip for you is to go to a shop that sells headphones and try them. Try as many as you possibly can. This way, you can make up your own mind on what you're looking for.

I personally run a pair of [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] but that's because I tend to listen to music more than playing games or streaming on my pc.

I would also add that if you're looking for clarity, a DAC is needed. IMO, there's no point spending over £200 on a pair of headphones only to run it via onboard audio. If you don't care about this, then a pair of £50 gaming headphones like the hyper cloud x would do you just fine.