HardwareRecover data from dead laptopPosted:

Reputation Power: 57
My laptop recently died on me, so I've since invested in a new one

I'm interested in getting the data from my old laptop onto my new one, but how I can go about doing that, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever

Can anyone give me instructions on how to do this?

Using my limited knowledge, so far I have dismantled the old laptop and removed the SSD in there. Assuming this is where all the data is stored, I now need to get that onto my new laptop

If it helps, here is a pic of the SSD that I have removed: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ]

I am otherwise clueless, and what I've done so far may well be incorrect?

Any advice at all is appreciated - I'm hoping this is easy to do!
#2. Posted:
Poke
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 136
Motto: Add me on Xbox GT: Chest - League of legends addict - Vape is love Vape is life
Not one 100% sure on how to do this,

Take it to Best Buy / local computer guy (local store would likely be free) and have them transfer the wanted files

Best Buy will probably over charge and take longer
#3. Posted:
Adam
Reputation Power: 1987
Motto: Have you tried power cycling your computing device that you are having trouble with?
I'd pickup a M.2 to USB adapter which you can then use to transfer your data to another laptop // PC.

Assuming the link you posted was corrected for your SSD, you need a B & M key which [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] should do just fine.
#4. Posted:
-CFC-
  • Gold Member +
Reputation Power: 20
buy a hard drive toster similar to this [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] take the hdd out of the dead laptop and put it in here, then plug the usb cable into your new laptop to read the contents of the laptop
#5. Posted:
George_at_Asda
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 31
Motto: Ask me about my Brand guarantee!
Replace it!

with an Archos 140 cesium laptop from ASDA for only £179!