PlayStation 4Playstation running hot oftenPosted:

Rareparrot
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 329
Motto: Carolina Panthers Fan | 3-1 | #KeepPounding
My playstation has been running hot often is this fixable or is it just because of the summer time?
#2. Posted:
Motocrx
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 2
Motto: Life Goes On
yeah mine seems to be like this in the summer, my xbox also does it so i bought an external fan. works great and keeps it cooler
#3. Posted:
Yati
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 248
Motto: Hard work.
Rareparrot wroteMy playstation has been running hot often is this fixable or is it just because of the summer time?

Install a better fan to it and it should be fine.
#4. Posted:
coolbunny1234
  • Blind Luck
Reputation Power: 3690
Motto: The Original Bunny
Rareparrot wroteMy playstation has been running hot often is this fixable or is it just because of the summer time?

Might be due to the location of where your PS is, make sure it's in a well vented area and not crammed into a small, unopen area. If it's in an open area, an external fan is a great idea.
#5. Posted:
JZY
Reputation Power: 30
Yati wrote

Install a better fan to it and it should be fine.

yeah install a better fan or just clean your ps4 thats what I did and it worked like it was new
#6. Posted:
Peak
  • 2 Million
Reputation Power: 15
I would recommend getting a air duster can and cleaning out you fans, also make sure your ps4 is in a hard surface and not something like a carpet. As long as your room temperature isn't crazy hot and your fans are working your ps4 shouldn't over heat
#7. Posted:
Rareparrot
  • Christmas!
Reputation Power: 329
Motto: Carolina Panthers Fan | 3-1 | #KeepPounding
My playstation is over 3 years old would age have something to do with it to? Or no?
#8. Posted:
Motocrx
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 2
Motto: Life Goes On
Rareparrot wroteMy playstation is over 3 years old would age have something to do with it to? Or no?

my xbox sometimes does the same with it being over 3 years old. External Fan will sort it out
#9. Posted:
Woobie
  • 1k News Comments
Reputation Power: 656
Noticed this with my PS4 Pro. I took it off boost mode but I think it's just the summer heat.
#10. Posted:
-Simplicity
  • Blind Luck
Reputation Power: 2045
Motto: PM me if you have any questions. | Chaotic360 Tool Seller.

Like Woobie said, if you have boost mode on, make sure to turn it off. I turned boost mode on for a few minutes and my fans got crazy loud and as soon as I turned it off, everything went back to normal.

Also, make sure your fans are cleared and there's enough space for your PS4 so none of that air is just circulating in one spot.