iPhoneiPhone Restore HELP PLEASEPosted:

Metasploit
  • Supporter
Reputation Power: 78
I was trying to restore my iPhone to downgrade from iOS12 back to iOS 11 and I was doing all the correct steps, I have a valid firmware, a new iTunes, and a good charger but as soon as it starts on iTunes it says "the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred 14" I cant even use my phone now and Idk what to do
#2. Posted:
Iofthouse
  • Winter 2016
Reputation Power: 149
Metasploit wroteI was trying to restore my iPhone to downgrade from iOS12 back to iOS 11 and I was doing all the correct steps, I have a valid firmware, a new iTunes, and a good charger but as soon as it starts on iTunes it says "the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred 14" I cant even use my phone now and Idk what to do
Same thing happened to mate. Honestly it's down to a bad charging cable or the port in your PC etc. Just try swapping the cable in and out and fully power down your phone then do the steps to put it into restore mode again.
#3. Posted:
Metasploit
  • Supporter
Reputation Power: 78
Hardwick wrote
Metasploit wroteI was trying to restore my iPhone to downgrade from iOS12 back to iOS 11 and I was doing all the correct steps, I have a valid firmware, a new iTunes, and a good charger but as soon as it starts on iTunes it says "the iphone could not be restored an unknown error occurred 14" I cant even use my phone now and Idk what to do
Same thing happened to mate. Honestly it's down to a bad charging cable or the port in your PC etc. Just try swapping the cable in and out and fully power down your phone then do the steps to put it into restore mode again.

Okay I will try that homie
#4. Posted:
Reputation Power: 134
Can verify that Hardwick is right. I myself had the same problem when I was going to jailbreak my old phone. It all came down to needing a new lightning cable.
#5. Posted:
Reputation Power: 21
definitely make sure you're using a authentic lightning cable or a known brand lightning cable and it'll work.