RequestLooking to build my first real PC! (Gaming+Editing)Posted:

Reputation Power: 142
My current budget will be $400 USD. I already have a monitor, keyboard, and a mouse. However, I do not have an operating system. As far as aesthetics go, I do not care about the looks. This PC will be used to play games such as Rainbow Six Seige, Call of Duty, CSGO, Day Z and so on... This PC should also be able to handle intense rendering in Adobe After Effects. Thank you very much for your time, can't wait to read your suggestions!
#2. Posted:
T0P
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 782
You've got a lot of needs for such a tight budget, most of the games will be okay but DayZ might be a struggle, any chance of upgrades in the future?
#3. Posted:
T0P wroteYou've got a lot of needs for such a tight budget, most of the games will be okay but DayZ might be a struggle, any chance of upgrades in the future?

I'm sorry, how much would something along these lines really cost me?
#4. Posted:
  • Rated Awesome
Reputation Power: 2549
Motto: Thanks to Mortar and Hi for Gold < 3
HurtSteam84 wroteI'm sorry, how much would something along these lines really cost me?

As much as you've got. Your budget is what you're willing to spend, and $400 is fine. It's obviously not getting you anything top tier but you can get a system for that. This is what I'd recommend;
[ Register or Signin to view external links. ] / [ Register or Signin to view external links. ]

CPU: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($94.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($90.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($28.99 @ Newegg)
Case: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $339.93

With the remaining money, buy an HDD and save $20 towards a GPU, or you could maybe buy a used GPU in the $60 range and add an HDD to the system later.

You should be able to find a used GTX 760 or R9 280 for maybe $60-70. Otherwise, the R3 2200G integrated graphics will be fine, and you can always upgrade later by spending however much you want on a GPU.
#5. Posted:
13 wrote
HurtSteam84 wroteI'm sorry, how much would something along these lines really cost me?

As much as you've got. Your budget is what you're willing to spend, and $400 is fine. It's obviously not getting you anything top tier but you can get a system for that. This is what I'd recommend;
[ Register or Signin to view external links. ] / [ Register or Signin to view external links. ]

CPU: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($94.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($90.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($28.99 @ Newegg)
Case: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: [ Register or Signin to view external links. ] ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $339.93

With the remaining money, buy an HDD and save $20 towards a GPU, or you could maybe buy a used GPU in the $60 range and add an HDD to the system later.

You should be able to find a used GTX 760 or R9 280 for maybe $60-70. Otherwise, the R3 2200G integrated graphics will be fine, and you can always upgrade later by spending however much you want on a GPU.

Would this be decent at video editing in after effects? more advanced stuff?