AnimeKim Kardashian likes animePosted:

Reputation Power: 1693
Motto: Please don't hurt me, I've just lost my way. Leave no trace of my misery, get me through the day. Get me through the day.
I'm not really one who cares about or follows celebrity news, especially concerning those like the Kardashians, but I recently came across this (~ an hour ago), and I think it's too great not to talk about. I know a lot of you guys probably don't give the slightest shit about something like this, but oh well. To each their own, right?

A few days ago, on February 28, a fan of Kim Kardashian stated she looked like an anime character due to her "pink hair and funky fits", to which Kim replied stating that she was "obsessed with anime" and it "was legit [her] inspo". People have started to call her a weeb, too, unsurprisingly.

The Tweet

[ Register or Signin to view external links. ]

Kim's Reply

Yesterday, four days after the original tweet, Kim posted a picture of an anime girl on her Instagram. It turns out that the inspiration for her pink hair came from Zero Two, lmfao. For those who don't know, she is a character from Darling in the FRANXX, an anime that's currently airing this season. It's a great show, by the way. You should give it a watch if you're into anime and haven't already.

Seeing as how Kanye is a huge fan of anime (Akira, in particular), it would make sense if he was the one who introduced Kim into it.

Anyway, to keep this topic somewhat interesting:

Do you know of any other celebrities who are into anime?

The Following 1 User Say's Thank You to Mediocre For This Useful Post:

Meaningless (03-06-2018)
#2. Posted:
PapaLarge
  • Winter 2016
Reputation Power: 616
Guarantee if this is real... Anime will become so popular amongst all these girls. And the weebs will have nothing to love then because its been ruined by modern day celebrity propaganda. Then Anime will die.

I hope this is real.
#3. Posted:
Vial
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 676
I cant believe she posted a pic of Zero Two lmfao.All the Kim fans gonna turn into weebs now because she watches anime.Kim probably likes it because Kanye is a Massive anime fan the music video for stronger was inspired by Akira like you said..The only Famous people I know that like anime are Robb Banks,Lil Xan,Uzi,Ski Mask and XXXTentacion.

Videos of Xan and Robb Banks with anime tattoos.

#4. Posted:
Kurome
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 125
Even if her fans starts the become weebs imma watch anime regardless
#5. Posted:
MushroomElm
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 111
PapaLarge wroteGuarantee if this is real... Anime will become so popular amongst all these girls. And the weebs will have nothing to love then because its been ruined by modern day celebrity propaganda. Then Anime will die.

I hope this is real.

By real, do you mean she actually posted it or that she actually meant it?

I wouldn't say I'm surprised if she actually likes Anime, but I'm not surprised if she doesn't like it as well. Anime has a lot of influence on Americans, whether people like to admit it or not. We watch quite a bit of it, even famous people.

Personally, I don't care for Kim as she got Famous for doing almost nothing. However, she has a large fan base. Hopefully her talking out about liking Anime will put it into a better light that doesn't make every Anime watcher look like a Weeb. This could be that thing that gets modern aged girls into it, which would help the Anime nerd guys like me find a girl who enjoys watching it too
#6. Posted:
Meaningless
  • Sensei
Reputation Power: 271
LMFAO, I can't believe that haha. That's too funny. She's the last person I'd expect.

1% more respect to her ; )