BuyingWhat's a good place to get a good gaming computer?Posted:

• Christmas!
Reputation Power: 0
Motto: Stay Thavage
I have 500$ to spend for a gaming/streaming computer! What's a good website or place to get one at? Thanks for all your help guys!
#2. Posted:
  • Download King +
Reputation Power: 1743
Motto: hi!
Make a post here: Forums/posting/mode=newtopic/f=334.html using the form here: Forums/t=6751631/pc-building-rules-how-to-request-a-build-or-advice.html

People in that section will get you the best for your money.

If you want one that's pre built, you're gonna have a hard time finding a good one for that price.
#3. Posted:
  • Gold Gifter
Reputation Power: 125
Motto: I think it's fair to say that personal Computers have become the most empowering tool we've ever created. They're tools of communication, they're tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.
Build your own computer, you will be able to get the most out of your money building your own computer. Also, i would keep saving and save up around 700-1k and you will be able to build a good computer. Do you have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS+? Or Is your 500 dollars just for your PC? If you need any help building your own PC feel free to hit me up and I can walk you through it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. Although if you are already set on buying a prebuilt PC then I do have a website to recommend. Xidax is my recommendation. They have awesome customer support and are super friendly. They also have a lifetime warranty, which really makes this site a win. Go check it out! Remeber though if you are trying to get the most out of your money, please custom build your own PC!
#4. Posted:
  • V5 Launch
Reputation Power: 6
Buying a prebuilt could be your best bet right now since the increased prices going on at this time.... But for $500 you arent going to find a gaming computer. For that amount you could just buy some standard computer and play games off of that. You arent going to get a good gaming performance with that amount.
#5. Posted:
  • Gold Member
Reputation Power: 9
I spent 479 at Best Buy and my computer is amazing! Heres a link because I really do recommend it for a first time computer for gaming if you're not wanting to spend a fortune. But another 100 for the monitor unless you have one. But i really have no complaints. It's a great start for gaming. This was my first gaming pc and I just got it literally a week ago!
#6. Posted:
Reputation Power: 0
Buy used off of craigslist or letgo/facebook. I bought my gaming computer for $500 and it's able to play everything I throw at it on high to medium settings.

I5 4670k (Water cooled)
GTX 780
16 GB ram
120 GB SSD

This the cheapest best way I could find to get the best bang for your buck, maybe other people found a better way.
#7. Posted:
  • 1K Rainmaker
Reputation Power: 193
Motto: Halloween Contest Staff Pick Winner, 2017 :D Thanks Mikey for Gold!
In my opinion, if I were you, I would wait.

I was in your position, had a couple hundred dollars to spend, but I waited close to another year, saved up a lot more money, and was able to drop 1.2k on my PC. It was 100% worth it, and I saved enough to still have a couple grand in my savings afterwards.

You're going to want to build a PC, you'll save tons of money, get a WAY better PC, learn a lot about your parts, and building a PC is one of the most fun tasks I've had in the last few years.

Buy parts, watch youtube tutorials, and start getting excited to build a PC.
#8. Posted:
  • 2 Million
Reputation Power: 31
So building a PC Rn is actually pretty difficult price wise due to RAM, And GPU Prices sky rocketing. Its almost cheaper to get a pre built. MSI Sells a Desktop with an i5-8500k, 16GB RAM, a 256GB M.2, And a 1060 6gb For right at $1000. Just picked one up and is about $300 cheaper then building one my self